I Knew You Couldn't Resist Me

Don't forget to vote!

--------------

The next afternoon in the common room, I was sitting alone and staring at the fire while contemplating what to do about the Emmy situation when Harry, Hermione, and Ron joined me on the couch.  

"Oh, Allie, I've been meaning to tell you about Slughorn's Christmas party. He said that he knows you've been busy for all the other parties but he made me specifically check that you and Harry would be free for this one. Sorry... You can bring a guest though! Anyone you'd like!" 

I groaned audibly since I wasn't likely to get out of this one when Ron said, "You should bring Dean! I know he was completely in love with you with you broke it off with him last year and I'm sure he'd ditch Ginny for you!" He said this with hope and also a mixture of anger. 

"Did something happen?" I asked. 

"He's just angry because he saw Ginny and Dean snogging in the corridor earlier. He had an absolute fit," Harry said, though there was some anger etched in his features as well.  

"Well, I'm not going with Dean... Sorry, Ron. But I think I do have someone in mind," I said, thinking of Elijah. I figured it might be my best bet to getting Emmy off his back... Although I didn't want to lead him on and Draco was sure not to be happy about it...but he could just get over it. 

Ron looked as if he was planning someone's murder when he got up and headed to the boys dormitories, Harry following. Hermione rolled her eyes and looked deep in thought. "You know, I was going to ask Ron to that party but all he ever does is go on about how stupid the Slug Club is and then he had the nerve to ask me if I was taking McLaggen! I have half a mind to ask McLaggen at this point, just to annoy him!" she said, still looking into the fire, her eyes mirroring it's intensity. 

"You should! It would definitely be the right direction of annoying him... Though McLaggen is a bit of a creep," I said honestly. 

"Well, at this point I think it would be worth it... You know what? I'm going to! Tomorrow! Thanks for the advice. I'll see you in the morning," she said, getting up and going to bed.  

I wondered how Harry and Hermione would react to me bringing a Slytherin to the party but then decided it would be worth it anyway. I was going to ask him tomorrow... I just had to tell Draco first. So, I got up and walked out of the common room to meet him. 

I wondered whether or not he would be waiting for me outside the Room of Requirement when I walked out of the door and found him standing right in front of the common room. 

"Oh, hey. I wasn't expecting to see you there," I said, taken aback at his appearance. 

"Well, I figured we should take a night off of the Vanishing Cabinet thing... Want to go to the Astronomy tower?" 

"Fantastic idea! I bet it looks brilliant at night," I said giddily, so happy for the change of scenery. 

He took my hand in his and led me down dozens of dark corridors and stairs until we reached the Astronomy tower. 

I was right. It was absolutely lovely at night! But it was freezing. The snow on the ground outside still looked breathtaking even though I was shivering terribly.  

"Here. I brought two jackets," Draco said, taking off one jacket to reveal another underneath.  

"Smart thinking," I said, taking it and putting it on, then walking over to stand at the railings. 

Draco followed and wrapped his arms around me while we took in the view. "This is probably one of the best ideas you've had in awhile," I said. 

"I agree. I have to admit that I've had a shortage of them," he laughed.