I've Missed This

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," I smirked, trying to lighten the mood. Draco looked at me with pure jealousy in his eyes and didn't say a word. "Well, come on," I sighed as I turned on my heels and walked up to my bedroom.

He followed me all the way up and shut the door behind him before joining me on my bed. I waited for him to speak first. He looked down at his hands the whole time he spoke. "Nehemiah is moving into your house?"

"Well, yes. Ben and Nehemiah are moving in but there really isn't anything I can do about it. I would rather Ben not be this close to me at all times. It's worrying."

"What about Nehemiah? You want him to be this close to you?" he said accusingly.

"No," I said defensively, "I'm just saying that he's not as bad as Ben. He's actually quite nice. I've spoken to him once more and he seems....different."

"Yeah I'm sure he does," Draco spat.

"Draco! How many times do I have to tell you? You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I only love you. Don't you trust me?"

The harsh lines on his face that had been etched in his anger faded away and a soft expression replaced it. "Of course I do. It's him I don't trust."

"Well, as long as you trust me, you don't have to worry about anyone else. It takes two to tango buddy," I laughed. "Speaking of trust, may I ask why you didn't tell me about the death eaters using you?"

He gulped guiltily. He knew that he had done wrong; he knew that he should have told me. "It's complicated. I didn't want to worry you."

"Well, I want to be worried! You can tell me anything," I said, cupping his face in my hands.

He looked into my eyes with intensity. "I don't know why they want to use me yet...I just know that they are going to. I haven't heard any details yet. .....I'm scared. I don't want anyone to end up getting hurt."

"No one is going to get hurt. Everything will turn out fine. I'll help you through whatever you have to do. I promise." I held out my pinkie just like old times. This caused both of us to grin at our fond memories.

"Remember when we made our first promise?" he said.

"Of course; like it was yesterday."

"Everything was so much easier back then. The only thing we had to worry about was getting caught sneaking back and forth from that empty classroom of ours."

"Maybe one day things will become simple again."

"I have a feeling that things are going to get much more complicated before they get simple again. Sometimes I lie in my bed and think about 4th year; replaying all of those moments over and over again. It was the best year of my life. I try not to think about last year though.....at least things won't get that bad...hopefully."

"I'm sure they won't."

"I think that's why I'm so hesitant to accept you being around Nehemiah. I don't want 5th year to happen again. That was most definitely the worst year of my life. I'm just so scared of losing you that I'll do just about anything to stop that from happening."

I put my arms around him and hugged him lightly, laying my head on his chest in the process. "That will never happen again."

I listened to his heart beat in the silence of the room. Ba-Boom, Ba-Boom, Ba-Boom. Every time I breathed through my nose, I was enveloped in his scent. I missed just sitting with him and only thinking of the present; only thinking of the moment I was in.

"I've missed this," he said, saying exactly what I was thinking.

"Oh, you have no idea how much I've missed this," I sighed.

He kissed the top of my head softly. I moved back to look at his face. The paleness that it held before had turned into a pink flush just along his cheekbones. He looked a little livelier than he had when he arrived. 

I leaned in for a kiss; yearning to feel him once more. He responded in the way I expected him to, deepening the kiss. The caress of his lips was soft and sent tingles down my spine. His hands wandered freely and I kept mine firmly on the sides of his neck. 

I was so consumed in the kiss that I hadn't heard the 'pop' coming from downstairs. We carried on kissing which was growing with intensity by each second, until I heard a rather loud knock on my door.

I broke away from Draco, looking up at my door anxiously. Ben popped his head in and narrowed his eyes at Draco accusingly. "I need to talk to you."