Tragedy follows Supers

There are a lot of good things about having superpowers

There are a lot of good things about having superpowers. After all, who wouldn't want a special ability, cool gadgets, and fun outfits? However, like with most things, there are downsides. A big one is the fact that as long as you have a superpower...you are destined for some tragedy or another.

So far Jay seems to mostly be an exception to the rule, thankfully. Yeah, he's a weirdo, but that's not a tragedy. It's just...upsetting. The kind of upsetting you grow past, or so Jay hopes.

Something quite unfortunate though, is that this rule seems to apply to even young junior heroes. Though his newest partner, Walljumper, doesn't seem like someone who had to endure a tragic past. In fact, the kid seems in extremely high spirits as he catapults himself from building to building.

Which is an idiotic way to get around, in Jay's opinion.

"Walljumper!" he screeches as he runs after the teen, huffing and puffing. "Get. Off. The. Skyscraper!"

The teen tilts his head down, arachnid-like legs twitching as he studies his sidekick. "Why? This is the fastest way to the scene!"

 "Why? This is the fastest way to the scene!"

Jay pinches his nose. "You can't seriously—you can't just jump around on buildings! You know if you break something, insurance won't cover stupid spider-teens!"

"Collateral damage," the younger hero jeers as he leaps from the building onto a streetlamp—bending it in the process.

Jay groans. "Please, just let me drive you there. I have a car for a reason!"

"You mean the beat up white van? You got candy in there too, mister?"

Jay squints his eyes, confused at the sudden formality. "I have gum, I guess?"

Walljumper laughs, finally descending from his perch. "You don't really do sarcasm, do you?"

The sidekick huffs as he summons his car with his phone. "Just say what you mean, please."

Walljumper just chuckles as they hustle into the van a few moments later. After a short argument about the necessity of seatbelts, they're both buckled in and speeding off for Discovery Green.