Heroes Need Training

Hence why programs like the Junior Hero Program exist

Hence why programs like the Junior Hero Program exist. Not all supers can just get powers and immediately start saving lives. Once graduated from the program, though, heroes still need to undergo training days. These are days when heroes are off duty, but still on the clock. Usually they're on site, using the Networks state-of-the-art facilities. Jay always treasures these days of respite, even if it's filled with drones annoyingly rating his performance as sub-par. Today, though, they're all praising his efforts as Jay goes absolutely feral, attacking with nearly unstable amounts of energy and rage.

"Performance satisfactory," a busted bot warbles. Jay brings down his staff on it hard, sparks and metal flying as the bot is completely destroyed. He stares down at the remains for a moment before deciding to continue to attack it, this time stomping on the head.

"Uh—ah—Quickwit..."

Jay pauses. He looks up, finding a very nervous Pixamena and two Pixiepuffs at the entrance of the training room. She's not in her usual magical dress today, favoring a more practical lavender tracksuit. With the light streaming in from the ceiling-high windows, casting her in a soft glow, she looks small and innocent. Not much like the bossy princess Jay knows.

"Hey Pixamena."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

Pixamena sets the Pomeranians down. The bat-winged one immediately hides behind her, snarling. "I know your game, villain!"

"Pixiepuff! Shush!" Pixamena scolds.

"What did I do?" the angel-winged Pixiepuff whines.

"Not you—ugh. Nevermind. Look, Quickwit, I wanted to talk..."

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just going through some stuff right now."

"Oh...really?"

"They were about to kill you. I'm glad you got away when you did."

Pixamena fiddles with her hair. She comes closer, handing Jay an ice-cold canned coffee. Jay accepts it, wondering when she noticed he liked these.

"It was scary," she whispers.

"I know."

"I would've pulled you into the Pixie-pocket dimension with me, but it takes so much energy to just take myself and Pixiepuff."

"I know. Look, I understand. I know already that you have a complicated relationship with Gannet. Seeing that alternate version who did so much horrible shit—it must've been a lot."

Pixamena cringes, nervously stroking a pink pigtail. "You remember hearing my real name, then?"

"Yes, Faye. I remember that you were Gannet's best friend, too. Is that why you introduced us? You wanted to make Gannet happy?"

"Oh, God—a little I just—to be honest, I wanted him to get over you. He was so obsessed, Quickwit. It was never, like, dangerous. Or I didn't think it was. He just lived in this dreamland where this random hero would be his boyfriend one day, if he ever got the courage to meet him."