Heroes Always Win

No matter how dire the odds or how impossible the foe, it is just a fact that the hero will always win against the villain

No matter how dire the odds or how impossible the foe, it is just a fact that the hero will always win against the villain. Knowing this, one might assume Jay could sit back, relax, and wait for rescue. But it's not a hero coming to save him, it's Stygian. So the sidekick's heart can only squeeze with fear as the villain drops down the same chute he did, entering into the bowels of Techtra's ship.

Immediately, Jay attempts to scream a warning, but it's cut short as a metal tendril gags his mouth. Desperately, the hero tries to communicate the danger with his eyes, but it's no use—Stygian isn't looking at him. The dark villain has his sights set on Techtra, vermilion irises glowing in the dark as grins sharply.

The villainess meets his gaze evenly, not showing even a shred of fear. "Stygian, welcome. We were hoping you'd make an appearance."

"Oh you were, were you? Is that why you're trying to copy me?"

"Copy you?"

Stygian huffs, putting his hands on his hips. "I just kidnapped Quickwit last month! Get your own gimmick!"

Techtra laughs, a cold and bitter sound. "Your gimmick is tormenting this C-class sidekick?"

She summons the bot holding Jay captive, tilting the sidekick's chin up with a cold metal finger. The hero shivers at the unpleasant touch, grunting and attempting to scoot away.

The villainess tuts at the action, tightening jay's bindings in retaliation as she roughly grips the sidekick's face.

From the corner of his eye, the hero watches Stygian's eye twitch, clearly upset that someone other than him is manhandling Jay.

Techtra must notice, because she releases the hero roughly, placing her hands behind her back.

"We are a logical being, Stygian. We don't understand the appeal. Explain it, won't you?"

Stygian leans on a tendril of shadow, crossing his legs. "I guess it's time he knows anyway. It's my pride, he wounded it that first time he took me down. Now I won't stop until I make him regret it!"

Techtra huffs, shaking her head. "We both know that's not the truth."

Stygian pauses for a moment. "It is. I took Haxton hostage and—"

"You're obsessed. But not in the way you want everyone to think. Right?"

Stygian tenses, smile dropping off his face. "What do you want? Why did you kidnap him?"

"I kidnapped him because I have a proposition for you; I want you to become my sidekick."

The dark villain stiffens, crossing his arms. "You're out of your mind, we're nothing alike! Why would I ever want to work with you?"

"We have a common link, Stygian. Perhaps you don't remember your days as a participant of project Chimera, but I was one of many who was assigned to monitor and learn from you..."