Chapter Ten

HANNAH'S POV

"That was a disaster? How are they still open for business?" Renee cries as we walk out of bridal shop number sixteen.

"I know right, I hated every second of the ten minutes we spent in there. How did we last so long?" Jada protests.

The service in that bridal shop is wanting, the dresses look like they were picked straight out of a war zone considering how expensive they are and the shop itself could use a visit from the health department. I feel like I need a shower in holy water after that dreadful experience.

"When it's my turn to get married, I am wearing a white sundress, we'll do it at the courthouse with just the four of you present, a couple of his friends if he has any with Taylor as our flower girl. I'll get a buttercream two layer cake from a random bakery and we'll take the reception to Ben's for beer and dancing later." I vent as we walk into the seventeenth bridal shop of the day.

I had no idea Phoenix has so many bridal shops. We are wedding dress shopping for Jada and she is determined to find one by the end of the day whilst making me hate her in the process.

"What if the groom wants the full experience?" Jada challenges.

"Then he can plan the whole thing so that my job will be simply showing up at the altar to say yes." I retort.

I am so tired I can barely feel my legs yet I am wearing my most comfortable pair of shoes.

"Last shop I promise, I've heard nothing but good things about this one." Jada assures us.

"So did you about the last six but you are right about one thing, it's the last one of the day because I am done. If you don't find your 'it' dress here then we are picking this up another day." I demand.

"You are a terrible bridesmaid." Jada scowls at me.

Her words hit me hard making me feel like I've been slapped. "Take that back or I'm going home." I demand.

Jada looks shook by my outburst as she realizes that she has messed up.

"Okay ladies, let's both calm down. It's been a long day and we are all tired and frustrated but Hannah is right Jay. If we don't find your dress here we can do this another day, your wedding isn't until the end of summer." Renee says trying to diffuse the situation.

Jada sighs and looks at me with her sad puppy eyes.

"You're both right, I'm so sorry if I've been acting like a bitch all day. I'm just on edge because I thought I'd have found my dream dress by now." Jada expresses.

My heart softens him when I realize that the bridezilla that was threatening to show up has been subdued.

"It feels good to be the mediator." Renee grins looking proud of herself.

"That's the mom and lawyer in you talking." I reply.

"Looks like I still got it even after two years without practicing." Renee beams.

Taylor's pregnancy was a risky one so Renee took time off work from the second trimester. She didn't go back even after her leave was over because she does not want to miss any of her daughters early milestones which is completely understandable.

"You still go it and you will when you do decide to go back." I encourage.

"Thank you. Now let's go in and get our bride her dream dress." Renee says leading us into the boutique away from the scorching Arizona sun.

We are immediately approached by an impeccably dressed middle aged woman with a warm, welcoming smile on her face.

"Welcome to Your Fairy Godmother's Bridal Boutique. I am the owner Meredith. What are you ladies shopping for today?" Meredith asks.