Chapter Thirty Six

HANNAH'S POV

Getting to watch a dawn, as night comes into day, the sun rising over the horizon is one of my favorite things to do when I'm working a night shift. That moment when the first rays of the sun hit the earth is otherworldly, one of God's perfect creations. Now more than ever they mean so much more to me.

"You've been staring at that sunrise for an awful long time. Are you okay?" Jada asks nudging my shoulder.

I turn to her with a smile setting my now cold coffee mug down. "Yes, just thinking about Santiago, we watched the sunrise together the day we had breakfast here. It was the imperfectly perfect first breakfast date. God I miss him."

"Hannah he's only been gone three days and will be back day after tomorrow." Jada consoles.

"I know but I still miss him." I pout.

Santiago has been in constant communication with me from the moment that he left texting, calling, video chatting me, sending me photos and videos but it's not the same as having him here. I know that he is having fun with his baby brother and I do not want to rush him but I miss him so much.

"Girl you are whipped." Jada teases.

I grin unable to deny it. "I know."

I've never loved any man as much as I love Santiago.

"It's a good color on you." Jada comments interrupting my train of thought.

"What is?"

"Being in love. You loved Frank but you are in love with Santiago and I've never seen you happier." She answers.

Jada is right. What I felt for Frank seems minuscule as compared to what I feel for Santiago. He's the man I want to grow old with.

"He makes me happy, he adores me and the sex, out of this world." I express the thought of him making my heart beat faster.

"I'd say TMI but I've told you a lot worse about Tom and I. I'm happy that you're happy and in love. You deserve it." Jada says giving me an encouraging smile.

I'm glad that after what I've been through and put my friends through after I lost Darius, they are able to see me healing and happy.

"Thank you. I just wish Darius was here to see what he started." I comment sadly.

Jada gives me a comforting smile and links our hands together.

"He is seeing it, looking down on both of you and showering you with blessings while covering his eyes in the R-rated parts." She chides.

I groan in embarrassment unable to fathom that. "Oh God! I don't want to even think about it if he sees everything."

Santiago and I are very adventurous when it comes to sex. I don't think there's a surface in my house we haven't christened. Even when he was hurt we were still active.

"I was just kidding. Dibs on maid of honor." Jada declares.

I smile at her because the position is hers without even her asking for it.

"You got it. I wouldn't want anyone else though Renee is a close contender. But we haven't even discussed marriage yet except for that one time when he joked that we should get married next year." I reply.

"You never know." Jada smiles.

"I wouldn't mind, I'm ready to become his wife." I declare.

That thought isn't even scary at all. If Santiago asks me to marry him, I will definitely say yes.