Chapter Forty Two

HANNAH'S POV

"Happy Thanksgiving Hannah." Doris says with a huge smile as she walks up to me at the nurses station.

"Happy Thanksgiving Doris. I thought you were going to Tennessee to see you parents?" I ask her.

"They cancelled last minute to go be with my aunt and I don't want to be alone today so I decided to clock in. It's extra pay so why not." She explains.

She doesn't seem so bummed about it while I on the other hand I'm not happy at all. Doris is about to say something when Jada approaches us in her pink scrubs with cute emojis on them.

"Hi Doris, hey bestie, ready for lunch?" She asks me.

I nod and quickly save the patient's file I was updating.

"Hello Dr. Sullivan." Doris replies.

Jada kept her maiden name instead of taking Tom's last name. He fought her for a while but he knew what he was signing up for when he married a strong willed woman like Jada so he had to relent in the end.

Doris takes my place as Jada and I link hands walking out of the ER.

"I can't believe we're working on Thanksgiving." I groan out loud in frustration.

"You're the one who took all those days off and I extended my honeymoon so we have to pay for it some way." Jada replies.

She's right but it's not like I asked to be kidnapped. I'm not complaining about taking days off after that ordeal though. Spending a whole week indoors with Santiago was perfect. We also managed to finish his food truck and it's been operational for two weeks now.

"At least its a slow day, all I've had is cuts and scrapes all morning and one burn. People need to learn how to work a grill." I snort recalling how stupid such injuries are.

"This kid came in with a stuffed nose, thought it was cold, turns out he stuffed legos up his nose." Jada says making me laugh.

Kids put the weirdest things up their noses and mouths causing a choking hazard especially right now when it's the holiday season.

My phone buzzing in my pocket interrupts what I was going to say next and I check to see its an alert on my phone. I stop Jada from getting into the elevator and she turns to me with a puzzled look.

"You remember how you're always asking me to share my food with you when Santiago packs my meals?" I ask her.

"Yeah that man is a good cook." Jada replies with a wishful look in her eyes.

Tom has his strong attributes but being good in the kitchen ain't one of them which is a bummer for a foodie like Jada. I am lucky when it comes to that because my man is a pro.

"I know, anyway, how would you like to have his food for lunch instead of eating at the cafeteria?" I ask her.

"How so?"

"Julius made Santiago an app that alerts his customers of his location during different times of the day. It also allows them to pre-order so they don't have to que. Anyway I just got an alert that they are here at the hospital parking lot today." I explain.

"What are we waiting for then, let's go." Jada declares as we change the direction we were headed towards.

Santiago's truck is parked outside when we walk out of the hospital. I smile like I always do when I see it, especially the name on all sides, Hannah's. I am such a lucky girl.

I am surprised to see that there is no line which is always the case since Santiago and his food truck became famous a few days after launch. The food is delicious but our friends also helped him out by raving about it online to give him a good headstart and so far so good.