Chapter Twenty Six

HANNAH'S POV

"Jada you look beautiful." I gush as my best friend walks into the bedroom from the bathroom.

Her wedding dress has a one shoulder lace upper bodice with a tule ball gown skirt design that falls in waves around her. Meredith did her thing and made Jada's wedding dress dream came true.

"I feel like Tiana." Jada smiles twirling around.

Jada's dream was to wear a replica of Tiana's wedding gown from the princess and the frog but she added a modern twist to hers. She achieved her goal because looking at her only one word came to mind ... Royalty.

"You look like a princess. Doesn't your auntie look like a princess?" I praise asking baby Taylor who is busy blowing spit bubbles.

"More like a queen ready to take over the kingdom." Jada corrects

Taylor giggles and claps excitedly making grabby hands at Jada.

Jada picks her up and she's like a mini version of her in her dress except Taylor's pale skin and red hair betrays her.

"C'mere my beautiful flower girl." Jada coos gently.

Taylor looks adorable in a white ball gown with a pink bow at the back and one in her hair. She's our flower girl and I will be accompanying her down the aisle. We'll definitely have an epic entrance.

"Where's Renee?" Jada asks finding her absent from the room.

"Maid of honor duties. She went to make sure that the groom and his groomsmen are dressed and ready to go." I explain.

Jada nods and hugs Taylor closer."I can't believe I'm getting married Hannah." She sniffs kissing Taylor's head.

"Don't you dare cry. You are not walking down the aisle with red eyes." I scold her reaching for a packet of dry wipes just incase.

"Okay okay." Jada whispers fanning her face.

I take Taylor from her and put her in the make shift play pen we've made for her using too many pillows. After making sure she has her favorite toy in hand I walk back to Jada and take her hands in mine.

"Breath babe, you're gonna be fine. You and Tom have been engaged for a year and in love for four. He's the one." I encourage.

"I know he is." Jada affirms.

She manages not to cry which is good because we want the wedding photos to look perfect.

"I have your something blue." I declare recalling that particular detail hoping it can cheer her up.

I rush for my purse and retrieve the jewelry box stashed in there. I walk to Renee and hold it open for her.

"Those are gorgeous." She gushes looking at the diamond and sapphire drop earrings.

"They are from Darius. He was going to give them to you as your wedding gift but you can wear them as your something blue." I explain.

"Oh Darius." Renee sniffs and I realize that the water works are about to make another come back.

My gift did not have the reaction I expected. Darius was supposed to be Tom's best man and I was actually supposed to be Jada's maid of honour but after my brother died it just didn't feel right so Renee and Ben were more than happy to pick up the mantle.

"Jada ..."

"No tears, I know." She whispers blinking rapidly but this time it doesn't work.

A couple of tears manage to escape and I quickly dab then away with the wipes in my hand. Thank God for smudge free make up.