Chapter Thirty Four

HANNAH'S POV

"So where is he taking you?" Jada asks as she helps me pick out a dress.

She's on face time with me because I needed help deciding between two dresses.

"I picked the restaurant, we're going to Al Capones, that Italian restaurant in downtown." I answer.

"Fancy, I like it. Tom and I went there once, the food was to die for and it has a sophisticated ambience to it so I choose the black." Jada advices.

"Thanks." I smile tossing the red dress away.

It's not my color anyway but I love the design. The back dress is gorgeous as well with an off shoulder design exposing quite a bit of cleavage, long sleeves and a thigh high slit. It's a maxi dress and since I don't want it sweeping the floor all evening I pair it with silver heels.

"You look stunning, Santiago is gonna swallow his tongue once he sees you." Jada compliments once I'm dressed and show her the final look.

"Thanks." I blush putting on my accessories.

"And my job here is done, you two have fun but not too much fun, try to make it into the house if you're gonna fuck after the date." She teases.

"Jada ..."

"What! Everyone knows you two are adventurous?" She grins reminding me of them walking in on Santiago and I have sex.

I'm still trying to get over how mortifying that was.

"You guys should have knocked." I retort.

"When have I ever?" She smirks.

It's true, ever since I gave Jada a key to the house, she's never knocked, always letting herself in and barging in unannounced. It's a wonder this is the first time she has walked in on me doing something so scandalous.

"I'll get my key back."

"Not in this lifetime so good luck in the next. Have fun tonight. Bye Hannah." She waves blowing me a kiss and hangs up before I can stop her.

I roll my eyes and go back to getting ready.

I am so excited for my first official date with Santiago. I like us staying in, eating take out fucking till the sun comes up but I also want to show off my hot boyfriend to the world.

I am packing up my clutch with the essentials when the doorbell rings. I check my time and its three minutes to seven meaning Santiago is here. I quickly finish up, grab a black shawl and walk out of my bedroom. I leave everything on the couch in the living room before going to answer the door.

I open it to reveal Santiago with a bouquet of white roses in his hand holding them out for me.

"Cutting it a bit close aren't you?" I tease taking them from him. "Thank you these are beautiful."

"It's seven, I told you I wouldn't be late." He answers with a smile followed by a barely noticeable wince but I'm a nurse with a keen eye so I catch it.

Did he stub his toe?

"Cesar, what's wrong?" I ask noticing that he's leaning against the wall favoring his left side.

"Ready to go?" He asks shaking his head ignoring my question.

He looks perfectly handsome in a dark blue suit but there's something off about him, it's just not obvious so I can't place my finger on it.

"Yes, come on in while I get my stuff and put these flowers in a vase." I say stepping aside to let him in but eyeing him carefully.

He winces again as he pushes himself off the wall and steps forward but his steps falter and he stumbles forward.