Chapter 12

*August PoV*

I was walking up in the mountains, with a huge smile on my face. it is after all a wonderful day, as I feel the cool summer breeze blowing on my face.

Finally lord Heracles decided to head to Orario, but he had his usual mischievous smile on his face when he told me that earlier this morning.

Oh well I'll get to that problem later.

it's been 9 years since that fateful day, and I've spent most of my time being trained by lord Heracles, and remembering those time spent in training just put shivers down my spine.

whoever said that gods are practically powerless in the lower earth deserves to be killed a thousand times. let's see that person spar with lord Heracles.

I've learned a lot of things from my god, like fighting monsters, tracking, fighting people stronger than me, fighting multiple enemies at the same time, fighti--- wait most of what he taught me is basically just fighting.

Well I'm thankful for that, he did promise to make me strong, and from what its worth he did deliver on his promise. well he could have turned the sparring bout a bit. My body just hurts whenever I remember his club hitting me.

I'm currently tracking some monster tracks, I got a job from a nearby village to exterminate them. This will be the last job I'll do before me and Heracles go on a journey towards Orario and I really wanna kill every vermin here before I leave so I took it.

From what I can see, it's a goblin track, a possible nest that if left unchecked would grow larger and larger in the future which may lead to the decimation of the village near here.

I for one am done with seeing village burn because of the monster, so slaying them was a no brainer.

The downside is that goblins can be pretty boring to kill, after all, they are savages whose only tactics in fighting is attack. They pose no challenge for me whatsoever.

My level rose 3 times this 9 years. I'm now level 4 from what Lord Heracles told me, but for some reason he still wont show me my status. I wonder why? Well whatever...

As I was casually strolling, I felt my spear vibrate, the nest is near, I made my presence become faint as I walked slowly. I can sense the general direction of these goblins thanks to Beowulf.

I'm really amazed by this weapon, as I grew Beowulf adjusted and grew with me. maintaining a size that is proportional to my body, I can even feel the weapon grow strong.

As I thought about how amazing my weapon is, I saw a pair of goblins patrolling the area, I decided to let them go, for now. After all there's no point in killing them yet, I need them to lead me on their nest.

I followed them closely, making sure no trace of me can be spotted by them. and there it was. their nest.

I closed my eyes and let my mana pulse through the ground. another trick I picked up from lord Heracles. It's not necessary magic, the way he explained is he got the idea of using mana like that when he was stuck at a dark cave once. and he used his mana to navigate his way out.

something about being like a bat or something along those lines.

"Hmmm... about 80 or so... maybe more." I talked to myself, this is quite a large nest. those trash had been busy. well they are all gonna die so more excelia for me.

I stepped outside the bushes as I made my presence known for everyone to see.

The goblins looked in my direction as I let my mana flare out for everyone of them to sense.