Chapter 105

"Will you explain already Hermes. The reason why you want to help save Bell." The group walked along the dungeon, quickly but steady. Hestia started to open up a conversation with her fellow god who along with her came along inside the dungeon.

It was his idea actually, Hermes wanted to go, but Hestia heard him talking with Asfi, and threaten to whistle-blow if she can't come with them. Her exact words where. "It's only forbidden if they knew right?"

With that said, it was only natural for Hestia to be curious about Hermes' intention. He isn't exactly a god who has a penchant for helping others. There's always a catch when it comes to Hermes.

Hermes looked at Hestia and smiled playfully. "Hey didn't I tell you that already?" He then made himself look regal as he raised his two hands to the side. "It's to help my dear friend-"

"Enough of that!" Hestia cut him off, not buying what he was saying.

Hermes sighed, shaking his head. "I was ask by someone to check on young Bell's progress." Smiling as he looked knowingly towards Hestia.

"Someone?" Hestia stopped walking, she eyed the messenger god, curiosity filled her eyes.

"Well, I didn't just come because someone tell me to check on him..." Hermes also stopped and looked at Hestia, he's patented playful smile in full bloom. "I've an interest in Bell as well... I want to see with my own eyes, Hestia. If he's a worthy one for the new era."

.
.
.
.
.

-17th floor, at the wall of grief

Bell breath heavily as he reached a large opening in the 17th floor. In his arms are the unconscious member of his party, Welf, and Lili.

He paused, looking around, the area was a large open space, with a simi-translucent crystal at the side of the walls. "The wall of grief." He mutters to himself, remembering what Lili told him when she was discussing the strategy of heading towards the 18th floor safe zone.

"The Goliath huh? It should be dead now. If my information is correct, Loki familia dived about a week ago, so they should have killed it already. And it would take a week for the Goliath to respawn again, so we should have plenty of time if we move in haste." Lili's voice echoes in his mind as he prepared to run, the door leading to the 18th floor safe zone glued in his eyes.

As Bell ran with everything he had, he felt the ground shake, as the crystal wall started to crack... The Goliath rex was starting it's revival.

Bell didn't stop running, his eyes saw as the walls crumbled, revealing the face of the Goliath, it's red pupils in dark obsidian eyes started to show in the cracks as it released a violent roar the shook the whole space.

"ARGHHHH!!!" Bell screamed as he pushed himself to move faster, gripping his two unconscious party with all he got, refusing to let them go. His muscle strained at every step he takes, desperately moving towards the exit, towards their salvation, towards the entrance to the 18th floor safe zone.

The monster started to pull itself out of the wall, sending chunks of boulder, hurdling toward Bell. He moved side to side, dodging the large stones, his feet aching at every turn.

*BOOM!!!*

The Goliath rex had fully pulled his body out, fully reviving, it's head turned towards the running Bell, as it slowly stood to it's feet.

Bell didn't look back, his face was laced with desperation, he put everything at the back of his head, his only thought right now is to run, to survive along with his party. "Run! Run! Run! Run!" he kept on repeating those phrase, as if a mantra, thinking that every mention of the word "Run" would make him move faster.