Chapter 115

The aftermath of the fight could be seen in the 18th floor, bodies of adventurers who paid the ultimate sacrifice littered the floor, limbs torn from their bodies, injured mortals who had no choice but to retire from the only job they knew how.

They had won, but at such a large loss. They were never prepared for the attack, hell they thought it was impossible, after all, the 18th floor is a safe zone. Away from the monsters that would kill them on sight.

But alas, if everything goes as expected, then it wouldn't be life, wouldn't it?

Everyone knew that if August didn't arrive, they would all be dead. And with that thought in mind, everyone stared at the young boy, only 15 years of age, with awe and reverence.

He had singlehandedly fought all the monsters that attacked the 18th floor safe zone, along with the black goliath, and won. The legend of him was growing, and everyone in the safe zone knew they are witnessing a rise of someone great.

.
.
.

Froke and rest arrived after the fight was over, to be clear they had ran after August, but the fight didn't last 5 minutes, they didn't even see how it unfolded.

But they saw the mayhem, the aftermath of such a battle, as the ground was littered with blood, charred dirt, and remnants of August's mana.

"What the hell happened here?" Froke muttered, while the others stared and scowled, watching the adventurers picking up their dead and healing the wounds of the injured.

Denki was among those who are helping, truth be told he was tired, but he knew that they are shorthanded right now, so he did everything he can to help, carrying the wounded, and assisting Asfi as she applied first aid into their wounds.

"Denki!" Katty called on the young samurai, making him turn towards their direction. Denki beams as he saw the hume bunny, after all another person who has medical knowledge would be welcomed right now.

His eyes moved to see everyone who was left on the surface here, the smile on his face grew larger, but stopped when he saw another person with the group, his eyes met that of Froke.

Froke had an awkward expression on her face, she remembered the last time the two of them talked. Suffice to say that it didn't end well.

Denki's expression turned blank, he opened his mouth and spoke, ignoring Froke as he did. "Katty, help with the healing, the rest of you assist on the injured and bring them here." he then looked at Asfi who was busy applying potion to a wounded adventurer who lost a chunk of his flesh on his left shoulder. "Miss Asfi. We have another healer here, I'll take my leave and help with others."

Asfi nod without looking, she was concentrating on her task, too preoccupied to see the awkward atmosphere that was forming.

The other members of the Heracles familia who came with August looked at the two (Denki, and Froke) seemingly confused on why things seems tense for the two. When they came here, August had told them that it was the 3 of them that used to dive together, and from his stories, it seems like the three of them are close. But right now, there was an awkward atmosphere within the two that made them uncomfortable. They hurriedly moved, with Katty moving towards Asfi while the rest scurried to help the recovery and relief mission that was happening.

They spared one last glance though before moving, seeing Froke staring at Denki with a yearning expression while the young samurai was not even looking at her direction.

Jogu who had no filter muttered before leaving. "Talk about awkward." he spoke softly, but since the others are all adventurers with enhance senses, they all heard him, and looked at him annoyingly, with Katty even elbowing him at his ribs.