Chapter 80

August rushed towards Marius as he bared his spear, slashing continuously, his frustration growing at every slash the prince's blocks.

Marius smiled as August kept on falling for his trap, this was a unique skill of his weapon, if August lethal tempo makes him stronger with every hit he hits, allowing Beowulf to absorb the blood of his opponent. Marius' skill makes the opponent slower every time his weapon makes a connection, it doesn't matter if it hits the target or his/her weapon. The cold would seep inside his opponent's body, slowing them down overtime.

Chilling touch, the name of Mistiltinne unique skill, a skill that Marius couldn't use without the sword, much like August who couldn't use lethal tempo without Beowulf.

Like Toga said, August should have noticed its effect on his body, yet because of his anger, he couldn't, his primary trait of adapting mid battle is thrown out the window, as August's only goal right now is destroying the smug look on Marius' face.

Due to how slow chilling touch is taking effect, August, as well as the crowd, mortals and gods alike couldn't tell the change that was happening inside the stage. In the crowd, only Ares, who knew of the skill, Toga who could see what was really happening due to his mana dome, and Denki, who Toga told, knew what was going on. It gives the illusion that the prince is the one gaining speed. But the truth is, he's speed is staying the same from when he entered the match.

August goes for another barrage, this time the prince smirks. "You don't seem to understand mutt! WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS FUTILE!!!" Marius roared as he moved in with a barrage of his own.

Their weapons clashed in a violent rhythmic sonata, this time, the prince was the one who was holding the advantage. Red crimson lines started to appear in August's body, as the prince's blade found its way inside his guard.

August clicked his tongue, usually he would jump back to gain distance, but this time, he stepped forward, determined to cut the prince down with his weapon.

"Can't you see it mutt?!" The prince dodged August by sidestepping to the right, he then kicked the adventurer at the back of his knees, making him off balance. He then slammed the side of his sword at August's head, hitting him just bellow the ear.

August, discombobulated by the strike was sent crashing down, as he opened his eyes, he sees the sword moving down his head. He quickly rolled the side, dodging the blade. But Marius followed his attack up by soccer kicking him in his gut.

"Can't you feel it? YOU'RE NOTHING!!!" Marius continue his taunting as he chased after August.

'I have to move faster!' August thought, quickly getting up on his feet, yet to his surprise, the prince was already in front of him.

"You're weak!" Marius slashed down at August, with the adventurer blocking the strike, his knees buckled at the strength of Marius's blow. "You're slow!"

Marius vanished in front of August, he then appeared behind him, kicking him at his side, sending him flying.

'He's getting more faster! I need to move, more speed, more power!' August landed on his feet, rushing back to Marius, loading mana into his entire body.

"How cute." Marius mutters as he blinked in front of August. The adventurer's eyes went wide at how fast the prince was moving compared to him. "I though you are supposed to be a prodigy, yet you can't even see through this!"

Marius slashed down, burying his sword down August's shoulder. "Since you're so pitiful, Allow me to explain. It's the least I can do before killing you." he then kicked August in his gut, sending him back with force as blood splattered when his sword was forcefully pulled out of August's shoulder.