chapter 5

We made our way to the second floor. He led us to a lounge. When we walked in, we saw 5 people in scrubs sitting on the couches chatting.

"Good morning everyone." He looked to us. "These are my residents. You will work closely with them when you aren't working with me."

He looked to the residents. "You guys are free to do your rounds now." and they all made their way out.

He sat down on the edge of one of the couches and looked to us. "Let's get to know each other"

The next 20 minutes we're spent learning about Arianna and Cara's entire lives. From the minute they were born they were "best friends". They both are in the same sorority and want to be doctors when they grow up. They're both 22 and about to graduate.

Dr. Hood nodded. "Thank you." He then looked to me.

"And how about you, Safiya?" He asked me.

My nerves were paralyzing my body. I didn't like attention on me. But soon, three pairs of eyes were focused at me waiting for an answer.

"H-hi I'm Safiya. I'm a sophomore and I live with my brother nearby. I like to read and try go on walks." I told them nervously.

Arianna and Cara didn't look phased. They seemed like your typical mean girls who judged everyone.

"Very nice to meet you Safiya." Dr. Hood said with a smile.

"Same here" I told him.

"Okay I guess it's my turn. "I'm Dr. Hood. I live with my 3 best friends who happen to be the other chiefs. I have a puppy and in my free time I like to play music and video games."

"That's so cool." Arianna said.

He nodded. A loud beep interrupted us.

"Sorry guys, that's my pager. I'm being called for a consult. In the meantime, why don't you get to know each other more? You'll be spending a lot of time together so might as well break the ice now." He said and made his way out the door.

They both looked to me. "So you're a sophomore?" Arianna asked in a bitchy way.

I nodded my head wearily. "Yeah, I am." I'm not sure I liked her tone.

"Cool. And you also want to be a doctor?" She confirmed.

I nodded. "Yeah." I told her anxiously. I don't know where this is going.

"Interesting. Let's see who has what it takes." She said with a fake smile and looked to Cara, who also had a smug smile on her face.

Great. I'm stuck with a girl who already is intimidating on the first day.

Just my luck.

About a half hour later, Dr. Hood came back in. "Okay girls, I think I'm gonna take one of you to shadow me for the day. Cara and Arianna, you can join my residents and learn about different types of diseases. Safiya, you're with me today."

I smiled. Thank god I want with them today.

However, the two of them didn't feel the same. I got two nasty looks from the both of them. I don't understand why. I didn't do anything.

I shook my head and instead made my way out the door and followed Dr. Hood.

A/N: hii :) hope you guys are enjoying so far! I just posted two chapters because I don't know if I will be able to tomorrow! :) please let me know what you think so far ! Love you all <3