chapter 10

I continued to lay down on the couch. I drank some water and just tried to take some deep breaths. Calum had left, claiming he needed to get something, and he'd be right back.

I heard the door open and a snicker followed. "What did the princess get too tired after walking and had to take a nap?" a voice retorted, which  sounded like Kara. I didn't have the energy to fight or argue with them.

"I'm really not feeling good right now, so can you please just leave me alone" I asked them,  my voice pretty wobbly.

It was the truth. I had no energy left.

"Yeah whatever" and they walked out.

Thank god.

Soon, Calum came back in with a few items in his hand. One behind his stethoscope and the other being a thermometer and what looked to be a manual glucometer.

"Okay I'm back. First, I'm just gonna listen to your heard and lungs to make sure everything sounds right." I nodded.

I was feeling so anxious. This wasn't a good first impression at all.

He slipped his stethoscope under my shirt and began to listen intently. He spent a minute or two listening to my heart, and after a satisfying nod, switched to my lungs.

"Your heart rate is a bit slow. We have to keep an eye on that."

He then checked my temperature, which turned out to be normal.

Lastly, he pricked my finger to test my sugar levels. We waited a few seconds before a number popped up on my screen- which he determined was normal.

"So far everything checks out. For now, I'm going to have you relax for a bit just to give your body a bit of time to recover. You can stay here or go to my office."

I would go to Sahar's office, but if he even had the slightest idea something was wrong, he'd worry and not get work done. Same with Rowan. I could also stay here but I didn't want another encounter like I had with Cara and Arianna. So i opted for his office.

He handed me a blanket and made sure I was comfortable.

"I'll be back to check up on you soon" he said satisfied. "Make sure you get some rest" he said seriously.

I nodded. "Will do doc. Thank you so much"

He waved his hand. "Staapp it's my job." he said with a slight smile.

He turned to leave when he suddenly turned around.

"Oh and Saf, don't worry about this. I know you're worrying what people are gonna think, but really it's nothing. Focus on feeling better" he said before he left.

I nodded. He was right.