chapter 20

Safiya

Sahar was beyond upset. But with good reason. One thing about him is that both him and Rowan are kind & caring people. Yes, they can both probably fight a whole army if needed, but they had another side to them which was important for a doctor. Being Sahar's little sister, that side came out more often. To an outsider one might think he comes of like a dick, but on the inside it's the opposite.

In any situation I'm in, he always makes sure I'm okay/ comfortable. He's always mindful that about my anxiety and never pushes me too much.

So right now, he's fuming, because this all could've been prevented.

Soon, a tall doctor walked in. He was about 6 feet, and a little shorter than Sahar. He looked absolutely pissed.

"I heard you called for an attending?" He said as he crossed his arms and walked through the door.

Sahar nodded. "I did, I want to know where your resident got his permission from to bring in whole bunch of interns WITHOUT notifying the patient or their family. My sister is already uncomfortable and she doesn't need a whole show watching her." He said calmly, but firmly.

The doctor looked unphased. "Incase you didn't know, this is a teaching hospital. You yourself should know from experience that in order to learn, you have to observe and watch other patient encounters" he said annoyingly.

"Not without patient consent." Sahar retorted.

He shook his head and looked to Rowan.

"My sister is in pain, can we just get the ultrasound over with." He said softly as he came to my side and held my hand.

"Well as the resident mentioned before, this is a gynecology case, and I am the attending obgyn at this hospital." He said calmly. He looked to Rowan. "Would you like me to do the ultrasound, as you know, this is my field after all?"

Rowan shook his head. "It's alright, I'll do it."

The other doctor nodded. "Consult me when the results are done. I'm Dr. Irwin." He said and bud us goodbye.

"Let's get this over with"

They both instructed me on how to get ready. I laid down on the bed and pushed my leggings low. I lifted my top just below my rib cage and placed my hands to the side.

"It's going to feel a little cold" Rowan told me. I nodded. I just wanted to get this over with. I was mentally exhausted.

He pressed the probe to my stomach and scanned around for about 20 min. Him and Sahar both looked intently to the screen. They both looked at each other with a knowing look, and then Rowan returned the prove back to its original place.

He grabbed a towel and wiped off all the gel, and then pulled my shirt down

"Peanut, it looks like you have a couple cysts. I can give you some strong medication that will help you, but until them- we need to keep an eye on them." He said.

I stood up, completely exhausted and leaned into Sahar.

"For the next couple of days, we're gonna have to monitor you to make sure everything's okay. Don't worry, you'll be in the hospital with us so we can always check on you." Rowan said as he handed me my prescription.

I thanked him and Sahar signed all the discharge paperwork.

I was too exhausted to think about my cysts.

I'm sure the panic would set in tomorrow morning