chapter 19

Soon, Sahar walked in, and as soon as he saw us, his face changed to a look of concern. He immediately rushed in and came toward us.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a concerned voice.

Rowan explained everything to him, and Sahar looked even more concerned. He began to freak out.

Rowan, who was the usual crazy one out of the pair looked to his best friend and started to explain to him that it's likely nothing serious.

"Listen, let's not jump to conclusions yet. I see situations like this all the time in my emergency room. Let's get the proper testing and then work from there." he said calmly.

Sahar nodded. "Let's take a trip downstairs and figure out what's happening peanut." He gently picked me up and Rowan and him both made their way with me downstairs.

The both of them walked through the halls with a serious look on their face.

We soon reached the emergency department and Rowan immediately led us to a room. A nurse came in and immediately began to speak. "Dr. Rowan, you're off duty, would you like me to call Dr. Rosario?" she asked him.

He shook his head. "No, clock me in. Im not letting anyone else, let alone and intern treat her." He said as he was typing on the iPad. He then came over to me and stated to hook electrodes to my chest. He hooked up a heart rate monitor on my finger as well as a blood pressure cuff and then began to look at all the numbers.

"So far nothing is out of normal. Bp and hr are a little high, but given you're in pain, that's reasonable." He said as he spoke to both of us.

"I'm gonna order an ultrasound machine so we can get a good look at your tummy." He said with a small smile.

I shook my head and my cheeks turned red. I was a bit nervous/ embarrassed to have an ultrasound. On the whole, I'm a very private person and i would feel the least comfortable with someone rubbing a wand across my lower stomach.

"If you're more comfortable, I can do it or I can have a female nurse come and do it. We want you to be as comfortable as possible." Rowan said, calmly, sensing my uneasiness.

I wasn't sure what to do. I was so scared out of my mind right now that I couldn't think straight.

Just then, another doctor came in right before knocking on the door. He wore scrubs and had an iPad in his hand. Behind him, I could see other people, but they didn't enter.

"Hey there, I was told there was a gynecology emergency here. I have interns here with me who need to gain some experience on ultrasounds." He said boringly.

What the fuck.

The look of anger flashed across Sahar's face. Before I could say anything, he spoke.

"Excuse me? Who are you and what the fuck are you doing in this emergency room." He said angrily.

Rowan was about to speak but the new doctor cut him off.

"I'm an obgyn resident and I have interns on my case today. It's been a boring day for us and when we were paged for this case, I figured they could learn something." He told my brother, calm as ever.

Sahar became even more angry. "Excuse me? First of all, who the fuck paged you? You aren't needed yet. Emergency has to triage the patient and then decide the plan.

Secondly, this is a private room. You didn't ask consent to be here. Shes already uncomfortable, she doesn't want people watching her." He fumed at them.

I shivered slightly. He was right. I didn't want to be in this position. I was even more scared now.

"With all due respect, we are all physicians in this hospital. This is a teaching hospital for the students to learn as well as other physicians. We aren't judging at all. They simply want to learn." The doctor said calmly.

I've never seen Sahar so angry before. It looked like a vein was going to pop any second now. I sat up and gently grabbed his hand.

The truth was he was trying his best to make me comfortable. He knows this is an awkward situation for me and he knows how anxious and shy I was.

He was protecting me. And I love that for him.

He calmed down a little and looked back to the doctor.

"Thanks for speech, but you're only delaying my sister getting help. Kindly send me your attending and we can handle this." he said angrily.

Oh boy.

A/N you never mess with older brothers. They'll protect you until the end. here's a little Sahar & Saf aesthetic for ya ! :)

 here's a little Sahar & Saf aesthetic for ya ! :)