chapter 16

Thankfully, there was no bad blood between anyone. Luke apologized again for Alex's poor behavior, and we were able to move on. Today, I was on his service working directly with him.

I was happy I wasn't with Alex again. Luke actually taught me so much about the field of cardiology and I was able to watch him in action. This was probably the most knowledgeable day.

Although he was very nice, I was closer to Dr. Hood. I guess it took some more time to get accustomed with him.

The day was finished, causing me to head straight to Sahar's office. When I got there, it was locked. I checked my phone, about to text Sahar, when he texted me instead.

"Hey Saf, got called into an emergency surgery, should be home late. Go to Rowan's office and he'll take you home. Love you x"

I went down to the emergency department where Rowan was. I asked a nurse and she directed me to him.

I entered his office and saw him standing by his desk

"Hey peanut" he said as he was packing up his backpack and threw on his Patagonia jacket. "How was your day? Anyone give you trouble?" he said, in a curious tone.

"It was good haha and yes but don't worry, Sahar took care of it." I told him.

His face became serious. "What happened"

I explained the whole story to him and he was fuming. I'm glad Sahar took care of it because if Rowan did, hands might've been thrown instead. He too is like an older brother, and doesn't take these types of things lightly.

"I'm glad everything's okay now. Lemme know if he bothers you again. I'll handle him" he said.

I laughed. "Thanks Ro" I said and we headed out.

"Of course peanut" he smiled to me as we made our way to his car.

——————————————————————
A full week had passed by smoothly. It went really well. I went back and forth between Dr. Hood and Dr. Hemmings.

I ended up learning so much about each field. In Calum's field, I saw a variety of different age groups and different problems and diseases ranging from a cold all the way to a heart attack. Luke's field focused on the various issues of cardiology. I never knew how meticulous it was and how it required you to be very sharp.

It was the end of the day and I was heading to Sahar's office to go home.

As I was walking the halls of the hospital, I began to think. One day (god willing) I'll have my white coat and stethscope with me, and a name tag that says "MD" after my name. I'll be helping people during the worst and best moments in their lives. I'll get to make that impact on other people's lives, the same way it's impacted me.

It made me smile. Becasuse deep down, I knew I would do whatever it took to get there.