Five

Eden

I splash my face with warm water at my vanity in my bathroom, combing out my hair, I finish freshening up before walking towards the door, knowing the Reaper awaits on the other side, I hesitate before exhaling and reaching for the doorknob and entering my bedroom where he waits, seated on the foot of my bed.

A lazy smile makes its way onto his face as I enter the room, somehow he still seems menacing, maybe it's his ridiculous size, towering over all the women here in the village. It's been a while since I've been around a man, but know for a fact they don't usually get so.. Big.

"So, am I free to now use your bath, Eden?" He asks, his eyes turning into pools of molten gold as he does.

I roll my eyes at him, no longer caring how he views me, or my attitude towards him, he will not sway me as easily as he did Aries. I don't trust him, there's just something about this Reaper, I won't let my guard down around him.

"It's all yours, help yourself to any of my soaps," I wrinkle my nose, mimicking his earlier actions. "anyone within a 5 mile radius knows you need it." I smirk as I finish, lifting my chin slightly, proud of my little jab at him.

For once he has no come back as he stands from the foot of my bed and walks past me into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I sit on my bed, feeling out of place in my own home, when I hear the bathroom door swing back open, turning around I shriek before quickly turning away.

"What are you doing?!" I yell at him, he responds by laughing. "My lower half is covered, your reaction is overly dramatic. More importantly, how am I supposed to bathe when there is no water and no pipes to produce the water?" He asks, an annoyed look crossing his features as he does.

"I'd barely call walking out of my bathroom in nothing but a towel a decent action to take when a lady is present." I state, before walking past the barely covered man and into the bathroom and standing by the tub. "This is one of the things I do use magic for, I suppose I forgot, not needing to fill the bath for anyone but myself for so long, it didn't cross my mind to fill it up for you." With a snap of my fingers the bath fills up with clean, warm water, I smile to myself. There.

"That was fascinating to watch, thank you." He says, his breath hitting the back of my neck, causing goosebumps to pebble up all across my body.

I jump, almost falling into the bath full of water, when two strong arms wrap around my waist, keeping me steady. I can feel his broad, strong, bare torso against my lower back that's exposed by my top. I wiggle in his grasp, trying to escape him, smacking at his arm he turns to the side and releases me, I turn to glare at him before realizing he just saved me from getting dunked in the bath while fully clothed, and in front of him, I'm sure it would have given him a good laugh, but he steadied me instead.

"Thanks for, uh, catching me.." Should I apologize for panicking when he grabbed me? No, I'm too embarrassed and have no explanation as to why I acted that way, if Aries would have been the one to stop me from falling I wouldn't have acted out that way.

"Would have been a shame to have to wait even longer, considering you were strict about not bathing together, though you seemed so willing to jump in when you knew I was about to." I stare open mouthed at him, stunned yet again by how openly vulgar he speaks to me.

"Do you talk so inappropriately with all the women you come across?" I glare at him, before turning and walking out the bathroom door. "No, it's only you." He smirks at me before walking towards the door and shutting it. "Thanks for the warm water!" He manages to say loud enough for me to hear through the closed door.

I stare open mouthed at the door, the absolute nerve of this Reaper! He has no shame! I can't stand a minute longer with his cocky attitude, as soon as he finishes up I'm going to find Aries so I can be relieved of my Reaper duties. The sooner the better.