Ten

Eden

"What?" I stop walking, stunned by what Jericho just said. "I said I'd tell you while we walked, we don't have time to stand around." He says as he slows his pace, giving me a chance to catch back up.

"Okay, fine then, I'm walking. What the hell do you mean Aries is their love child?" I ask, since it seems he isn't very eager to continue the explanation.

Jericho looks at me before continuing, seeming bored. "Many centuries ago Theia and Hades had an affair, from the affair Aries was born." He states.

"Theia wanted nothing to do with Hades and began raising Aries on her own, determined to keep her inner darkness at bay, being the offspring of Hades it's something inescapable, the darkness that lingers inside. Everything was fine until Aries became a young adult, causing chaos in Theia's domain. She cast her out, sending her to Hades to deal with-"

"Aries mother cast her aside because she was a rebellious teenager? That seems a bit harsh.." I say, interrupting him, he doesn't seem to mind and just nods his head, confirming it.

"After Elaine, the first Mother witch, died Aries appeared before Theia, stating it was her birth right to inherit the power as Theia's first born daughter. Theia denied Aries, sensing the darkness that lingered in her heart." Jericho pauses and looks at me, probably looking for a reaction of some sort, I simply nod, signaling for him to continue.

"Determined to gain the power despite the Light goddesses doubt in her, Aries told Theia she would bet her soul she would be able to love and lead the Light Witches coven with a pure heart. Intrigued by the wager Aries presented, Theia agreed to grant Aries the power she seemed so determined to gain, no matter the cost. Theia traveled with Aries to the underworld and forged the soul contract, stating if Aries ever betrayed the Coven or the Light goddess, she would cease to exist. When the time came for her to be a true leader and lead the Light Witches to aid in the wars, she hid away, therefore she has forfeit her soul to Hades, as per their contract." He finishes.

I'm at a loss for words, unsure of what to make of any of what he's just told me. "Aries father agreed to wipe her from existence? And her mother is okay with it? They basically set her up for failure!" I say, baffled at the thought of her parents so easily letting their child cease to exist, let alone forge such a soul contract in the first place.

"They're gods, no one understands the way they work, why they do the things they do, not giving even a shadow of a thought to the struggles of other beings. Not even the ones they've created. Not unless it effects them." He stops walking at that moment and turns to face me. "Not until their worlds become out of balance because of the unrest in this world." He finishes.

I have too many questions I feel Jericho wouldn't even be able to answer, the fact alone that Aries is the daughter of two separate gods is still making my mind reel.

She has more power than I could have imagined, hiding away within her, the daughter of two gods, how the hell will I ever be able to beat Aries?

"We're on the outskirts of the village, keep your head down, don't draw attention, don't ask questions." Jericho says to me, I'm instantly annoyed at his demands of me to practically just follow him around as a mute.

"You've been away from this world for almost 160 years, Eden, things are not the same as they were, I don't want you giving us away by saying or doing something out of the ordinary." Jericho says, apparently sensing my agitation.

"Okay, okay. I'll just quietly follow you around, you won't hear a peep out of me." I assure him sarcastically, he takes my sarcasm in stride, smirking at me before grabbing my hand and yanking me into his arms, he runs his nose up and down my neck, inhaling deeply before he whispers in my ear. "Good girl." He says, his deep voice exciting me despite our current situation.