VIII

DAMIAN WAYNE wasn’t expecting to run into his nephew at the dog park.

Damian Wayne hadn’t even expected to go to the dog park that day, as he didn’t even have a dog with him.

But Drake had been non-stop muttering about ghosts and pacing aimlessly since yesterday morning, and when Damian had seen him doing the same that morning, he realized he needed to get out of the house.

He had been quietly observing the dogs when he spied a familiar head of black fluffy hair through the crowd.

Damians nephew was running around like a headless chicken, seemingly searching for something among the throng of playing dogs.

Damian approached the panicking boy, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He wasn’t expecting the boy to immediately grab his hand and sweep his legs out from under him.

“Oh shit, Damian!” Danny exclaimed, immediately leaning over to help the startled Damian back to his feet.

Damian was torn between being proud of his new nephews reaction time or embarrassed he had fallen so easily.

Oh well, Richard had already been bested by Daniel, and in a much more embarrassing way.

“I am so sorry about that you just scared me and I was already tense cause of-“

Damian cut off the younger boys rambling by placing a hand on his shoulder.

“You have good reaction time.” Damian said simply, and Danny smiled at him in a way Damian did not find cute at all shut your mouth Todd.

A bolt of realization hit the younger boys face, and Danny was back to frantic. “Damian have you seen a dog?”

Damian looked at Danny, unimpressed, before gesturing to the dog park around him.

“Ok yeah, I’m looking for a specific dog.” Danny stated. “He’s a ghost dog so he’s green which should make him easy to find but he can also turn invisible which makes him decidedly less easy to find.”

“A ghost dog.” Damian stated, skeptical. Was this why Drake had been muttering about ghosts all throughout the manor this past day?

“Yeah, his name is Cujo.” Danny said.

Damian wasn’t really sure what was going on, but the frantic look on Danny’s face worried him.