XXVIIII

Jason Todd was annoyed. His suit was too tight on his body, practically choking him, and he had to talk and smile and pretend he didn’t want to bite people.

And he also had to keep Danny from biting people, which was a monumental task in and of itself. Especially when people kept pinching his cheeks. So Jason had to keep both Danny and Himself under control.

They had been at the party for a half hour already, and they were still only halfway to the food table that Jason had planned to raid. Jason had grown rusty at navigating parties, and making sure to keep an eye on Danny had made things doubly as hard.

But Jason had been doing pretty well, and he grinned softly as he cast a cursory glance back at his son, and-

Fuck damn it. He had lost Danny.

And before he even had the chance to run off and find his son, there was an unnaturally cold and clammy hand on his arm, and he turned his head, trying not to snarl in frustration.

“Yes?” Jason gritted out, his gaze looking down at a vaguely familiar old guy. “Ah- Van, right?” He asked, grasping at straws for the man’s name.

It took him a moment to respond, and his face made Jason wonder just how strong the champagne they were handing out was.

The knock-off Dracula-looking man definitely didn’t look normal. Dilated pupils, a manic look in his eyes, his shoulders tensed. “It’s Vlad- that boy- the one you were with- what’s his name?” He sounded… strangely eager. Jason didn’t like it.

“… Daniel Fenton-Todd.” Jason said, weighing the pros and cons of punching the man’s lights out. Pro- he’d get to leave. Con- He wouldn’t get to try the fancy food he promised Danny.

He’d also get Bruce’s Disappointed Dad Look(not very effective), Dick’s Sad Older Brother Look(slightly more effective), and Danny’s Why Would You Lie To Me Like That I’ve Been Betrayed Look(Extremely effective. Jason was weak to Danny, and the kid knew it. Sort of. Sometimes, he still acted surprised that Jason cared so much, and Jason had to remind himself not to hunt down and put the fear of the Red Hood into his parents.)

Vlad sucked in a deep breath, and grinned. “Thank you- I’ve got to go now- I’ve got a son to collect.”

And then he walked away, and before Jason could consider chasing after the man, a chilling laugh rang throughout the ballroom, and it was like ice had been poured down Jason’s spine.

He was here.

“Welcome to the party everyone!” His voice was shrill- grating in Jason’s ears like nails on a chalkboard- racketing his heartbeat up to eleven.

And there he was, sitting on the chandelier with a mad grin, and Jason hated how pure fear filled his heart.

“I think it’s time to give our newest Wayne a proper Gotham welcome, hm?” The madman asked, clicking a button as a fog started to fill the room, and a spotlight was turned towards a separate chandelier (because this was Wayne Manor, and only broke bitches had ballrooms with less than four chandeliers). And hanging from it-

A silver oversized birdcage, with Danny (His son-his baby-his life-his-his-his) sitting inside, looking slightly irked.

The Joker had Jason’s son.

Suddenly, all the fear clouding Jason’s mind vanished.

All that was left was a cold, greenrage.

——

Regrets? Danny had a few. Going invisible and darting outside once he spotted Fucking Vlad at Wayne’s Gala instead of telling his dad? That’s one.

Being so caught up in watching Vlad and his father interact that he missed the Jokers goons sneaking up on him? Another.

Being suspended in front of thousands of people, making it impossible for him to go ghost and run away? Technically not his fault, but he still hated it.

Danny managed to catch sight of Jason in the crowd, his eyes glowing a toxic green.

And then Danny remembered.

The Joker- he’d been the one to kill Jason last time.

So, with a bone to pick, and vague memories of his sister trying to psychoanalize supervillains for a psychology project, Danny decided to do what he did best.

“Hey! You! Joker!” The room went still as everyone looked at him. “You do realize lashing out for attention because your parents never loved you enough as a child makes you look seem a badly written bully in a live action Disney film, right?”

Banter.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/N: I don't think y'all read the descriptions of books anymore. So I'll tell you myself. This book isnt mind. It's something I read and got permission to share. This was created by a wonderful, and amazing author on AO3 named smallgaything..
Please stop asking me to add new chapters. This isn't my FanFic. Sorry for the Confusion. I tried addressing it but I don't think most people saw it.