XII

TUCKER FOLEY totally wasn’t freaking out.

Sure he was a bit stressed, but he was well within his rights to be.

Danny had been missing for like two and a half weeks, and Clockwork had been telling everyone Danny was taking a sabbatical for his mental health, which Tucker knew was bullshit, cause Danny was a damn workaholic and he and Sam had wrestled him away from his paperwork to sleep multiple times so there was no way in hell Danny was willingly taking a break-

And there was going to be a two-week long school trip in a few weeks and if Danny wasn’t back by then, the only ghost hunters in town would be the Fentons and the GIW and that wouldn’t be good for anybody.

And with Danny on “sabbatical”, Tucker had almost three times the executive tasks to do. (curse being a ghost duke, Tucker should have never agreed to this.)

Tucker wondered how Danny kept up with all his work without dying. Again.

Danny’s only saving grace was probably dropping out of school, though he didn’t know if it was considered dropping out if the school assumed you were dead.

Tucker shivered involuntarily, memories of what he considered the worst month of his life running through his brain.

The image of his best friend lying still in a casket would probably haunt his nightmares forever, no matter how lively Danny was in the months that followed.

An alarm rang from Tuckers phone, startling him out of his reverie.

Quickly grabbing his backpack and heading out the door, Tucker sighed.

Why was his life so hard?

The answer was probably Danny.

Or his terrible luck.

Or both.

Tim didn’t know whether he wanted to laugh or cry.

Watching Bruce and Jason trying to hold a civil conversation while he quietly watched from the couch was way funnier than it should be.

It was early in the morning, and Bruce had dragged Tim out of bed to come meet Danny with him, not even considering the fact that the sun hade barely risen and most seven year olds aren’t fond of getting up at dawn.

So now Tim was sipping his coffee from a thermos and watching an uncomfortable Bruce try to make conversation with a stone-faced Jason.