Chapter 21

The return back to the mansion was quiet. The silence was killing Liam. Shortly after the kiss, Diamond had asked for them to return home, claiming she was exhausted. Liam's mind was filled with worry.

Did I do something wrong?

Did I go too far?

At this point, the guilt was eating Liam alive. Taking it upon himself to take the blame, he convinced himself to apologize to Diamond the moment they arrived home.

As for Diamond, she was hazed. Her mind was hazed. Everything was hazed. She has never kissed a person with as much passion as she did today.

It's because I haven't kissed someone in so long. Yeah. This means something.

At least, that's what she told herself in order to calm herself down. It wasn't working. Diamond glances at Liam, whose eyes were focused on the road, and she can't help but stare at him again. What she did at the park was that she wanted to do it again.

And as for now, she was regretting asking Liam to take them home. It had been such a beautiful date, and Diamond ruined it by panicking.

Should I apologize?

The two arrive at their home, and Diamond watches her husband carry everything back in without sparing her a glance.

Great, I made him mad. Well done, Diamond.

Liam was not mad at Diamond. He was mad at himself. He was currently cursing his emotions for not being able to control themselves.

Why couldn't I stop?

"Oh, Martha and Liza went out for a movie." Diamond says, catching Liam's attention.

"That's nice." Liam mumbles, unpacking the basket.

Diamond didn't like the tone in Liam's voice. That sudden coldness. She wishes to never experience it.

Walking towards her husband, Diamond watches as he shuffles about in the kitchen, putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and clearing the rest.

"What would you like for dinner?"

Diamond doesn't answer.

Clearing away the last plate, Liam turns around to face his wife only to be met with Diamond standing several inches away from him.

She was standing way too close to him.

"Liam," Diamond says, looking directly into his eyes.

"Yes?" He responds, avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me." Diamond demands stepping, even more, closer to him.

Liam doesn't do as she asks, causing her to practically invade his space.

"Diamond," Liam whispers. "What are you doing?"

"I don't know." She answers before locking their lips together.

It takes a second for Liam to respond. He might not know what was going on, but he was more than happy to see that Diamond wasn't upset at him kissing her.

The kiss grows more and more passionate with every passing second. The two stumble backwards, causing Diamond to rest her weight on the kitchen island. Liam had his hands wrapped tightly around her waist. Diamond's hands were firm on his closer until they slowly moved up to his hair. Liam closes the tiny bit of distance left between them without any protest from his wife.

The two separate and stare at each other whilst breathing deeply. Diamond's lips curl up into a smile upon realizing how red Liam had gotten.

"I wasn't expecting that." Liam chokes out awkwardly.