Chapter 34

"What are you going to do about Lionel?" Aya asks, taking a huge bite of her lettuce.

Diamond shakes her head before responding. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? The answer is simple."

Diamond stares at her friend expectantly.

"It's not even much of a choice. Forget Lionel. He doesn't deserve you anyway."

Diamond remains silent for a while before responding.

"When Lionel kissed me, I just froze. My brain stopped functioning, and I didn't know what to. do."

"That's a normal reaction when caught up unexpectedly."

Diamond stares at her friend with a small frown on her face.

"You don't understand Aya. Even though I managed to push him off. I almost returned the kiss.

"Why didn't you respond then?" Aya asks.

"I couldn't do it. Not to Liam. My wedding ring..." She breathes. "It shined in my reflection, and I couldn't. I used all my strength to push him off."

"And you did a good job. I would have smacked him, but you did great nevertheless."

"He asked me if I would have responded if I weren't married."

Aya remains silent, waiting for her friend to finish.

"I could answer. It made me think whether he was right."

"No." Aya intervenes. "Do not think about that. Lionel left you miserable. Do not think about what ifs."

"But Aya -"

"Na uh." She cuts off. "Liam is your priority now. Focus on him. He will treat you right."

Swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat. Diamond puts on an encouraged smile.

As if on cue, a text message from her husband pops up.

Let's go out for dinner tonight. I found a really good restaurant.

"He just proved my point," Aya adds, smiling at Liam's impeccable timing.

Sending a quick response, the two friends quickly finish up their lunch and head back to the office.

~~~~~~~

"Mrs. Park, you have a guest."

Lifting her head from her laptop, Diamond mutely nods and awaits the said guest.

Diamond freezes the moment the person shows up. Lionel had just entered her office and is busy smiling like a close friend. Diamond watches as Lionel's mouth moves, but her brain isn't registering his words.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, voice  cold and void of emotion.

Lionel keeps the same stupid smile on his face. "I came to see you."

"For what?" She asks, lifting herself up from the desk.

"Am I not allowed to see you?" He asks, eyebrow raised.

"No."

"That's mean."

"Oh, you want to talk about mean?" She scoffs, glaring at him.

"I know what I did was wrong. But I'm here to fix it now."

"After three years?"

Lionel begins to grow frustrated. "Will you just listen to me?"

"No. I won't be listening to you."

"Diamond -"

"May I remind you of my marriage?" She sarcastically asks, moving closer to him. "I am married to a wonderful man who cherishes me. What gives you the right for you to barge into my office and try to explain events that took over three years ago?"

Lionel tries to respond, but Diamond won't let him.

"Who do you think you are, Lionel? Please, get out of my office. I need to work."

"Do you love him?" He suddenly asks, shocking her.

"What?"

"Do you love him? Answer me, Diamond. Do you love Liam, or did you marry him for something else?"

Diamond remains silent as her glare toward him grows colder. Anger seeps through her veins. The audacity this man has. Who is he to question her marriage?

Taking her silence as a no, Lionel continues.

"You don't love him, do you? Then why did you marry him? To get over me? For money? For the business? I heard on the news that your marriage was announced abruptly. Did you marry him because you want shares in Euphoric Empire?"

Diamond stays silent as her anger reaches her fists. Clenching them she watches as the man continues.

"Does Liam have something against you or your family? Did he threaten you? He seems to be a suspicious man. I knew it from the moment I met him. He blackmailed you into marrying him, didn't he? That bastard."

It is one thing for Lionel to question Diamond's intentions. But it is another to insult her husband. The same man who took care of her and got her out of that dark hole. Seeing Lionel spew such nonsense made her see red.

So she did something she never thought she would do.

She slapped the nonsense out of him.

Lionel held his now-burning cheek with a shocked expression on his face. He took a step in shock, not believing what had happened.

"How dare you." Diamond begins, voice filled with rage.

"How dare you walk into my office, question my dignity, and insult my husband? Let me ask you again Lionel, who do you think you are?"

"I was just worried." He mumbles, still holding his cheek. "I didn't think you were going to react like this."

Diamond moves forward, closing the space between them.

"You don't have the right to question my relationship with my husband. Liam is the perfect husband. He is the only one who was patient enough to listen to my story and get me out of the dark hole that you created. Unlike you, he faced his challenges head-on instead of walking away."

That last sentence made the same guilt rush down Lionel's veins. All he could do was look sadly at Diamond.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come here.

"I want you to get out of my office. Get out of here and delete yourself from my life. I want nothing to do with you, Lionel."

"Diamond." Lionel pleads put desperately, but it falls on deaf ears.

"Get out before I call security."

Knowing she wasn't bluffing, Lionel slowly turned around towards the exit. Looking over his shoulder, he smiles sadly at the angry woman.

"I will come back to see you when you're no longer angry."

"Get out, Lionel."

Reaching the door, Lionel slowly opens it, removing himself from Diamond's sight.

~~~

Lionel is more delulu than me

Anyway. How is everyone?

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

Social links in bio

❤️❤️❤️