The Copied [C]ity

I reopen my eyes.

I hold my head with one hand due to the slight pain I was feeling, I shook my head a bit and then looked around. I was confused, I was inside a completely white room and I was sitting on a completely white bed. How did I get here? The last thing I remembered was the fight with the giant biomachine on the coast together with 2B, 9S and Pascal…

THE OTHERS!

I turned and called out their name to see if I got an answer. I waited a few seconds but no one answered me.

I got out of bed and then out of the room where I was, once outside, looking around I was surprised to see that I was in a city but it was all white including the sky.

Ok... something was definitely wrong here: either the house painter passed over and overdid the paint job or this is some kind of reproduction of a city judging by the fact that everything seemed too square in shape.

I shook my head and started looking for the others, I walked following the only road that existed because there was no other road and and and I was surrounded by walls that had the shape of habitable structures that only forced me to continue or forward or back.

Anyone who had done this certainly doesn't know that there are multiple roads and that they go in multiple directions, I continued and then my gaze became pure shock at what I saw on the road I was on. There were apartment androids all over YoRHa positioned in various places and they were dead, I ran up to one and started shaking it to see if I got a response but sadly as I quickly realized it was dead.

Apparently I wasn't alone here, there was definitely a biomachine nearby but I wonder why he did that? Questions that will be answered once the culprit is found. I continued to analyze the various dead units hoping that there aren't also 2B and 9S with them, the more I went on the more the corpses increase and this kept making me worry about the mental state and the danger of the biomachine.

After all that walking I came to the end of the street, where I was now was a huge circular area with walls shaped like buildings and cubes of various sizes scattered around.

I scanned the area and here there were neither other roads to take nor other bodies of androids, I already felt my instinct that said that there was something wrong here so I turned to go back but then I saw the various squares scattered begin to move, the big ones stacked up on top of each other and then blocked the exit creating a wall, I turned my gaze back to front and then saw the small squares forming a shell and then dispersing revealing a familiar being.

Adam: Welcome... to my beloved city.

Y/n: Adam!

Adam: Well woke up Y/n, was your rest comfortable?

I didn't answer him right away, but I noticed that Eva wasn't with him and this confused me.

Y/n: Where is your brother?

Adam: My brother is currently busy with a task I gave him so it's just me. Tell me what do you think? Doesn't my city remind you of your home on the moon?

Y/n: My city was certainly more beautiful than yours and moreover it was more alive, but here it looks like a 3D drawing straight out of a computer.

Adam: I understand, thanks for your opinion.

Y/n: What do you want anyway? And where are the others?

Adam: I-or we machine lifeform. I suppose- have a keen interest in humanity. Love. Family. Religion. War. The more human records i unheart, the more charmed i am by their complexity. This city is one of many areas i created out of a desire to understand-to know-humans. It's grand, don't you think? Almost...spiritual. And yet It's currently nothing more than an android graveyard! I seek to learn and adopt all facets of humanity! Some desired love! Other family! Only then did i realize the truth...the core of humanity...is conflict. They fight. Steal. KILL. This is humanity in its purest form!

Y/n: That's not true! You only know the worst side of humanity, we are so much more than what you know.

After I told him, he started laughing.

Adam: Did i offended you? Did i speak ill of your beloved race? The truth can be so painful. I strive to attain nothing less than the essence of humanity itself. We machine exist in a connected network. We are immortal, invincible. And yet, within all those infinite bits-of-data, there exists not even the merest flicker of being. Of life. Death-even the concept of death-has no meaning to us.

Then he was bathed in light as he moved behind some levitating cubes behind him.

Adam: Thus. I decide...that i shall risk my life in battle.

He began to spin the cubes around him and then raising both arms the cubes fell to the ground and that confused me.

Adam: I have severed my connection to the network. Now... let me embrance death!

I really wanted to kill him for what he had done to androids and for what he had said about humanity in general.

I raised my wrist as my hand reached for the face of the watch.

Adam: What will you become this time? What will be the transformation that will lead me to feel what it is like to die?

I was ready to turn the dial, but stopped and lowered my left wrist and right hand.

Y/n: No.

Adam: What?

Y/n: You heard me I said no! I won't kill you plus I'm just here to look for my friends, do you know where they might be?

Adam: Ah, your friends...

Adam he started laughing like a maniac for a few seconds and then stopped as he started to rise in the air like Jesus Christ. The white tower behind him lost a few cubes and then what was behind those cubes made my blood run cold.

 The white tower behind him lost a few cubes and then what was behind those cubes made my blood run cold

Y/n: Nine!

He hung on the wall with white rectangles imbedded in the palms of his hands, one on his left thigh, to the right of his spleen, one on his right leg, and another on his left shin.

Despite his lowered head, I could feel he was still alive thanks to his heavy breathing.

Y/n: What did you do to him?

Adam took Nine's head by his chin with his right hand and lifted it.

Adam: I prepared this just for you and 2B. I mean, after all... We need something to fight for, don't we?

I felt anger pervade me and my hands began to tremble, my now furious gaze was focused on that despicable being.

Y/n: You.... I'll make you pay for this!

Adam: YES! That's it! That's the feeling! PURE HATE!

He landed again while laughing

Adam: Come, Y/n!

I activated the ultimatrix and slammed the core not seeing the hologram due to rage, I was covered in the emerald green light as I felt my body change.