3

"Wow dear, this is so beautiful," Mother spoke while examining the long gown Y/n purchased for her wedding today. The gown was white, had a net tail, and very tiny diamonds embedded in it. The kims had this dress customized by their own brand for their lovely Y/n.

"It's your choice after all," Y/n chuckled while laying her head on Mrs Kim's shoulder. Mother gently smiled and patted the girl's head. "Wasn't the one with the feather straps better?" Taehyung's sister, Jiwoo spoke through the phone on video call.

The entire Kim household buzzed with excitement and anticipation. Amidst the flurry of activities, Jiwoo, Taehyung's sister, was absent from the scene. She was currently in Dubai, where she ran her own renowned law firm. However, she had made sure to schedule her return to Seoul in time for her brother's wedding.

Jiwoo's law firm had earned a reputation for its excellence and success. Her commitment to her work was clear, but family always held a special place in her heart. She had made the decision to temporarily leave her professional responsibilities behind to join her loved ones for this momentous occasion. The wedding of her dear brother was an event she wouldn't miss for the world.

Jiwoo's flight back to Seoul was scheduled for the next day, and the anticipation intensified as the family counted down the hours until her arrival

Mrs. Kim brought the phone closer to her face, her eyes twinkling mischievously. "Oh, trust me, Jiwoo, the one with the feather straps was way too fancy for our taste," she explained, her voice carrying a hint of playful sarcasm. "Y/n and I wanted to go with something more classy, more timeless," Mrs. Kim continued, her words laced with affection for her daughter.

Taehyung couldn't resist joining in on the conversation, snatching the phone playfully from his mother's hand and leaping onto the nearby couch. With a mischievous grin, he addressed Jiwoo directly. "Jiwoo, I swear, both of them have such a horrible taste. I've finally seen it today!" he exclaimed dramatically, his voice filled with mock disapproval. His words were met with a chorus of laughter from the entire room, the joyous atmosphere growing more vibrant.

Jiwoo laughed heartily on the other end of the call, her voice echoing through the room. "Oh, come on, don't be mean just yet! Save the teasing for after you get married," she playfully chided, her words laced with affection for her brother. The living room reverberated with laughter, the shared bond between the family members evident in their joyous banter.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows in playful annoyance at Taehyung's comment, unable to resist slapping him gently on the arm.

Mrs. Kim interjected, her sarcasm laced with affectionate humor. She directed a sarcastic question toward Taehyung, her eyes narrowing playfully. "Oh, are you planning to wear the gown instead of her?"

"Goodness, you three! Give me the phone, I want to talk to Jiji," Mr. Kim exclaimed, slightly exasperated, as Taehyung handed him the phone. The anticipation of Jiwoo's return had reached its peak, and Mr. Kim couldn't wait to catch up with his daughter. He felt a mix of excitement and concern, evident in the way he massaged his temples while glancing at his wristwatch.

"Jiji, leave for the airport! Do you want to miss your flight?" he spoke with a touch of annoyance, his voice reflecting his desire to see her by their side as soon as possible.

On the other end of the call, Jiwoo chuckled at her father's anxious tone. She understood his worries but reassured him, "Dad, relax. The flight will take off in 4 hours. I have plenty of time!" Her laughter carried through the phone, attempting to ease his concerns and let him know that she had everything under control.

As the night wore on, the clock struck past midnight without anyone in the family realizing. One by one, they retreated to their respective rooms, leaving the ground floor deserted and mostly shrouded in darkness. Y/n, however, remained downstairs, determined to satisfy her craving for cookies while enjoying her favorite K-drama.

"Y/n?" Taehyung called out, waiting for her on the staircase. "Let's go?" Y/n nodded and replied, "You go first. I'll get some cookies to eat with my K-drama." She heard his chuckle in response, and he made his way upstairs, leaving her alone in the dimly lit house.

The kitchen lights were the only source of illumination, casting elongated shadows across the room. Y/n began searching through the upper shelves, determined to find the red velvet cookies she had bought the previous week. Frustration crept into her voice as she muttered under her breath, "Why does Mom keep the snacks so high?"

Stretching her feet and arms, she strained to reach the red-colored paper box tucked away on the top shelf. As she struggled, she felt a warm breath tickle the back of her neck, causing her entire body to flinch. Goosebumps prickled her skin, and a wave of unease washed over her.

It happened again. The presence behind her became palpable, a tangible sensation that sent a chill down her spine. The darkness of the empty floor intensified her fear, rendering her speechless. She longed for someone to come downstairs and rescue her from this unsettling situation.

But then, abruptly, it stopped. The eerie feeling dissipated, leaving Y/n in a state of heightened alertness. She remained frozen in place, unsure of what had just transpired. She held her breath, waiting for a few more seconds until she could finally release a sigh of relief.

Her eyes shifted toward the box of cookies on the upper shelf, but her courage faltered. The fear of encountering that mysterious presence once again prevented her from reaching out for the cookies. Cautiously, she glanced around the darkened space, feeling a sense of urgency. She quickly made her way upstairs, her pace quickened by a mix of anxiety and apprehension.

Upon reaching her room, Y/n let out a frustrated sigh as she confronted Taehyung, who lay on the bed, engrossed in his iPhone. "Taehyung, why did you have to switch off the corridor lights when I was still downstairs?" Her annoyance was evident in her voice as she complained.

Confusion etched across Taehyung's face as he looked up from his phone. "It never bothered you before, so I thought..." His words trailed off as she interrupted him with a frustrated sigh, conveying her unease. Concern flickered in Taehyung's eyes as he observed her climbing into bed, her forehead glistening with sweat. Her sudden change in behavior puzzled and worried him.

"You didn't bring your cookies?" Taehyung inquired, noticing her agitation. Y/n's breath hitched as she recalled the eerie incident that had unfolded downstairs. "No, I don't feel like watching the K-drama anymore." With that, she covered herself with the blanket, turning off her bedside lamp.

Taehyung found her behavior increasingly odd and out of character. Something seemed to be bothering her deeply, and it concerned him. He sighed, giving in to his instincts, and pulled her into a comforting embrace. "Baby, if there's anything bothering you, let me know," he urged, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Instead she offered a light smile and kissed his forehead. "Everything is okay, Tae. Go to sleep."

---