20

I stood in front of the mirror, drying my hair, when a sudden knock on the door disrupted the tranquility of the moment. Clad in my bathrobe, I called out, "Who is it?"

To my surprise, it was Mrs. Kim. I hesitated for a moment before opening the door, noticing the anger etched on her face. "Y/n, what silly thing have you been up to?" she exclaimed, her voice filled with frustration.

Confusion washed over me as I struggled to understand the situation. "What do you mean, Mom?" I asked, my voice tinged with uncertainty. Her stern gaze intensified. "The guard has complained about you constantly asking about Han Gyeong and even entering her cabin. What were you thinking, Y/n?"

My heart raced as I tried to come up with an explanation. "I was just curious, Mom," I stammered, desperately attempting to diffuse the tension. "I didn't mean any harm."

Her voice grew more serious as she admonished me. "Didn't Taehyung warn you about this earlier? Do you want him to find out that you're still lying to him?"

Fear washed over me, and I pleaded, "No, Mom, please don't tell him. I'll stop, I promise. Just don't let him know."

Assuring me with a firm nod, she replied, "I won't tell him, but you need to stop whatever you're doing, Y/n. It's for the sake of your own relationship."

Feeling a mix of relief and trepidation, I agreed, my voice trembling. "Okay, Mom, I understand. I'll stop."

With that, Mrs. Kim left, and I was left to contemplate the consequences of my actions. The warning from Mrs. Kim served as a reminder to tread carefully, to protect the fragile equilibrium of my relationship with Taehyung. I vowed to heed her words, but deep down, a nagging curiosity and the need to uncover the truth continued to burn within me.

My gaze shifted towards the diary, tucked discreetly under the bedsheet before I had opened the door. Guilt washed over me as I realized the weight of my actions. I needed an outlet for my emotions, a place where I could let them pour out freely. And I knew exactly where to go.

Inside the grand bedroom, meticulously maintained as if Jungkook still resided within its walls, I stood in the midst of the familiar surroundings. Climbing onto the bed, I found solace in the familiarity it offered. Tears streamed down my face as I clutched Jungkook's photo frame tightly, my sobs echoing in the room. In that moment, I spoke to his picture, my voice filled with a mix of longing and desperation.

"What's happening, Jungkook? I feel so lost, like I can't do anything to change our circumstances. I'm tired, exhausted from all of this. I just need answers."

As I poured out my heart, I felt a gentle hand caressing my head, providing a semblance of comfort. Emotionally drained, I eventually succumbed to slumber, still holding onto the picture of Jungkook, my tears drying on her cheeks.

---

She was abruptly shaken awake, her eyes opening to meet Jiwoo's panicked expression. Confused, she asked what was wrong. Jiwoo urgently whispered, "I couldn't find you anywhere, and I had a feeling I should check this room. Taehyung is home! We need to leave before anyone sees you here!"

Y/n nodded, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and relief. As they hurriedly left the room, they could hear laughter resonating from downstairs. Taehyung's unexpected presence caught Y/n off guard as he spotted her. Curiosity painted across his face, he questioned her whereabouts.

"Y/n, where were you? I didn't see you anywhere," Taehyung inquired, his voice laced with a hint of concern.

Stammering, Y/n struggled to find an answer, her mind racing to come up with a plausible explanation. But before she could respond, Jiwoo swiftly intervened, saving her from the predicament.

"She was in my bedroom, Taehyung," Jiwoo chimed in playfully, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "We were just plotting world domination. You know, the usual."

Taehyung's eyebrows shot up in surprise, a chuckle escaping his lips. "World domination, huh? Well, be sure to save me a seat in your empire."

Y/n couldn't help but laugh at their playful banter, the tension of the moment dissipating momentarily. "Oh, don't worry, Taehyung. You'll be my right-hand person in the grand scheme of things."

He grinned, pulling Y/n into his arms and planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. "As long as I have you by my side, I'm up for any adventure."

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim continued their conversation about the upcoming dinner plans, their voices blending into the background. Y/n and Taehyung exchanged a knowing look, a silent understanding passing between them.

"Let's go get ready for dinner," Taehyung suggested, his voice filled with warmth. "But remember, we'll always have our own secret empire to conquer, just the two of us."

Once they were alone in their shared bedroom, Taehyung's concern resurfaced. He approached Y/n with a mischievous grin, his voice filled with playful curiosity. "Okay, spill the beans. What were you and Jiwoo actually talking about while I was away?"

Y/n feigned innocence, a playful glint in her eyes. "Oh, just exploring secret realms and uncovering hidden treasures, Taehyung. I'm on a quest for adventure!"

Taehyung chuckled, stepping closer to her. "Well, Adventurer Y/n, I hope you saved some of those treasures for me. I don't want to miss out on the excitement!"

Y/n smirked, stepping back slightly as she raised an eyebrow. "Oh, don't worry, Taehyung. I've got a whole treasure trove of surprises just for you."

Taehyung playfully pretended to search around the room. "Hmm, where could those surprises be? I might need some help finding them."

Y/n's eyes sparkled with mischief as she closed the distance between them. "Well, lucky for you, I'm an expert at treasure hunting. Let me show you."

With a playful twinkle in their eyes, they engaged in a light-hearted game of pretend exploration. Y/n reached out and playfully tickled Taehyung, causing him to burst into laughter.

"Okay, okay," he said between laughs, trying to catch his breath. "You win, Y/n. You're the true treasure I've found."

Y/n smiled, feeling her heart fill with warmth. "And you, Taehyung, are the adventure that makes life exciting. Let's keep exploring together."

Their playful banter and shared laughter filled the room with joy. Y/n couldn't resist the magnetic pull between them any longer. She leaned in closer, capturing Taehyung's lips in a sweet and playful kiss. It was a moment of pure connection and affection, an expression of their love and shared playfulness.

As they pulled away, their smiles mirrored each other's. "I'm glad I have you," Taehyung whispered, his voice filled with sincerity.

Y/n nodded, her eyes filled with love. "And I'm grateful for every moment we share, Taehyung."

The playful kiss served as a reminder of the deep bond they shared, anchoring them in the present and reaffirming their commitment to one another.

---