17

I squirmed around, desperately searching for Taehyung, but he was nowhere to be seen. Opening my eyes, I was taken aback. Instead of my cozy bed, I found myself lying in the garden on the grass. It was nighttime, and an eerie silence hung in the air. I screamed, but my voice echoed without a response. No guards, no one around. The entire place seemed deserted.

Shock overwhelmed me, and I tried to make a dash for the safety of my room. But an unseen force yanked me back forcefully, pulling me into a small room hidden within the garden. Panicking, I cried out for help. The room was pitch dark and filled with dust. It looked as though it hadn't been used or cared for in ages. I screamed, demanding to know who was playing these sick games with me.

"Is anyone there? Please, let me out!" I called out, my voice trembling with fear.

A haunting, sweet humming sound filled the air, sending chills down my spine. "Who's there? Show yourself!" I demanded, my heart pounding in my chest.

The humming ceased, and in the corner of the room, a faint glow appeared. My eyes widened in terror as Han Gyeong emerged from the shadows, her face adorned with an enigmatic smile. She was cradling Jungkook's lifeless body, her touch gentle yet disturbing.

"Y/n, my dear, don't be afraid," Han Gyeong's voice echoed through the darkness. "You've always been drawn to the darkness, but deep down, you long for the light."

I trembled, unable to comprehend the surreal scene before me. "What... what are you talking about? Why am I seeing you like this?"

Han Gyeong's smile grew wider, her eyes glinting with an otherworldly wisdom. "You have a choice, Y/n. Embrace the darkness or seek the light. But remember, in your heart, the light has always shone brighter."

Jungkook's lifeless eyes locked with mine, filled with an unspoken love that tugged at my heart. I wanted to reach out, to touch him, but an invisible force held me captive.

"Please, let me go!" I pleaded, tears streaming down my face. "What do you want from me?"

Han Gyeong's voice softened, carrying a mixture of sadness and hope. "Don't stop seeking for the light, Y/n. Find your path, and find your happiness."

Just then, a jolt coursed through my body, and my eyes snapped open. Taehyung stood before me, trying to wake me up.

"Y/n, are you okay? What happened?" His voice was filled with concern and relief.

Taking a moment to catch my breath, I clung to him, seeking comfort in his embrace. "Taehyung... I had a nightmare. It was... terrifying."

He pulled me into a comforting embrace, holding me tightly. "Shh, it's alright now. You're safe with me. Tell me what happened."

My voice quivered as I recounted the haunting experience. "I was in the garden, but it was empty, and I couldn't find you anywhere. Then I was pulled into this dark room, and I saw Han Gyeong... and Jungkook. They were... they were dead."

Taehyung's arms tightened around me, offering solace. "It was just a dream, Y/n. They're not here. You're safe."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I struggled to voice my feelings. "I know, but it felt so real. Han Gyeong said something strange, like I shouldn't stop seeking for the light. I don't understand."

Gently brushing my hair back, Taehyung spoke softly, "Just stop thinking about them love. They're not here anymore."

He held me tightly, his voice laden with melancholy as he noticed me still being uneasy. "Do you...miss him? Jungkook?"

The mention of Jungkook in connection to the nightmare startled me, and I hesitated before responding. It pained me to admit the truth, so I chose to lie, to protect Taehyung from unnecessary hurt.

"No, Taehyung. I don't miss him. I'm with you now, and that's all that matters," I said, forcing a smile, my heart breaking inside.

A flicker of relief washed over Taehyung's face, and he reached out to cup my cheek gently. "I'm glad to hear that, Y/n. I love you so much," he murmured, his voice filled with a mixture of gratitude and adoration.

I mustered a smile, trying to convince myself that this lie was for the best. "I love you too, Taehyung," I replied, my voice betraying a hint of sadness.

Unable to contain the conflicting emotions any longer, Taehyung closed the distance between us, his lips capturing mine in a tender, lingering kiss. In that moment, time stood still as the intensity of his affection enveloped me, momentarily erasing the doubts and fears that plagued my mind.

The kiss spoke volumes, as if Taehyung was pouring all his love and reassurance into that single act. I melted into his embrace, savoring the warmth and comfort he offered. Yet, amidst the sweetness, a pang of guilt gnawed at my conscience.

As our lips finally parted, I looked into Taehyung's eyes, my voice filled with unspoken regret. "I'm here with you, Taehyung. You're the one I choose, and I want to be by your side."

He smiled, unaware of the turmoil within my heart. "I know, Y/n. And I'm grateful for that. We have each other, and that's what matters."

In that moment, I buried the ache for Jungkook deep within, hoping that my lie would protect Taehyung from unnecessary pain. But as I tasted the sweetness of Taehyung's love on my lips, the lingering image of Jungkook in my dream reminded me that some secrets cannot be kept hidden forever.

---

After Taehyung left for work, a shiver of unease still lingered within me. I needed someone to confide in, someone who could help me make sense of the haunting dream that had plagued my sleep. Without hesitation, I dialed Jihyun's number, my fingers trembling as I held the phone to my ear.

"Hey, Y/n! What's up?" Jihyun's cheerful voice greeted me on the other end.

"Jihyun, something strange happened," I began, my voice tinged with anxiety. "I had the most unsettling dream last night. Han Gyeong and Jungkook... they appeared to me, and it felt so real."

Jihyun's tone grew serious, sensing the urgency in my voice. "Y/n, dreams can sometimes hold significant meanings. It could be a sign from the spirit realm. Han Gyeong and Jungkook, or both of them, might be trying to communicate with you or even plotting something sinister."

My heart raced at the thought, the possibility of danger lurking in the shadows. "But why would they target me? What could possibly link them together? Jungkook was just someone Han Gyeong worked under."

Jihyun paused for a moment before replying, her voice filled with concern. "Remember what the guard said? He mentioned that Han Gyeong and Jungkook used to be close. They shared a mysterious connection. And they both died under strange circumstances."

A chill ran down my spine as Jihyun's words sank in. Pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together, revealing a dark and intricate web of secrets. "You could be right, Jihyun. There's more to their relationship than meets the eye. It's like they're bound by something beyond the surface."

Silence hung in the air for a moment before Jihyun spoke again. "Y/n, be careful. Whatever they're trying to convey or plan, it's crucial that you stay alert. Keep your notepad close, jot down any clues or hints that might come your way. There's something big lying in the dark, and you're at the center of it."

Thanking Jihyun for her support and advice, we ended the conversation. I retrieved my notepad from the desk and flipped through its pages, scanning my previous notes and sketches for any possible connections. And I promised myself that I wouldn't rest until I unraveled the truth behind the intertwined fates of Han Gyeong and Jungkook.

---