23

The days passed, and the warmth that once enveloped Taehyung and Y/n's relationship seemed to wane. Taehyung couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in his heart. He noticed Y/n spending more time with Seokjin, engaging in conversations that felt too familiar for his liking.

One evening, as they sat together in the living room, Taehyung's silence spoke volumes. He had been giving Y/n the cold shoulder, unwilling to engage in any conversation beyond what was necessary. Y/n felt the distance between them, and it pained her to see the once playful and affectionate Taehyung become so distant.

Unable to bear the silence any longer, Y/n mustered up the courage to break the ice. "Taehyung, can we talk?" she said softly, hoping to bridge the divide that had formed between them.

Taehyung kept his gaze fixed on the television screen, his expression unreadable. "I don't know what there is to talk about," he replied curtly.

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. "I feel like you're upset with me, and I want to understand why. Is it because of Seokjin?"

Taehyung's jaw clenched, but he didn't respond. His silence was deafening, leaving Y/n feeling even more anxious.

"I want you to know that Seokjin and I are just friends," Y/n continued, desperation creeping into her voice. "Our history goes way back, and it's only natural that we would reconnect after all these years. Please trust me, Taehyung."

Finally, Taehyung turned to face her, his eyes betraying a mix of hurt and frustration. "It's not about trust, Y/n. It's about how close you seem to be getting with him. I can't help but feel like I'm losing you to him."

Y/n reached out, placing a gentle hand on his cheek, urging him to look at her. "Taehyung, you will never lose me. You're the love of my life, and nothing will change that," she said, her voice filled with sincerity.

His guard began to crack as he glanced into her eyes, seeing the truth in her words. "I just can't shake off this feeling of insecurity," he admitted, vulnerability seeping through his tough exterior.

Y/n leaned in, resting her forehead against his, their breaths mingling. "You have nothing to be insecure about, Taehyung. I love you, and that won't change. Seokjin is a part of my past, but you are my present and future."

Taehyung sighed, his heart beginning to soften. "I know I shouldn't be acting this way, but I can't help it. It's like I can't stand the thought of losing you."

Y/n smiled gently, running her fingers through his hair. "You won't lose me, Taehyung. I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere. Seokjin may be a friend from my past, but you are my soulmate, my partner in life."

Taehyung finally let his walls down, wrapping his arms around her. "I'm sorry for giving you the silent treatment. I guess I just needed some reassurance," he confessed, his voice filled with remorse.

Y/n held him close, understanding his vulnerability. "It's okay, Taehyung. I understand. But please, trust me when I say that there's nothing more between Seokjin and me than friendship. You are the one I love."

Taehyung pulled back slightly, looking into her eyes. "Promise me," he said softly. "Promise me that you won't let your friendship affect us."

Y/n nodded, her heart filled with love for him. "I promise, Taehyung. Our love is strong, and nothing can come between us."

With their hearts finally connected again, Taehyung and Y/n embraced in a tender kiss, reaffirming their love for each other. The silent treatment had broken the barriers that had temporarily come between them, and they both knew that their love was stronger than any doubts or insecurities.