7

"Taehyung, no. You don't understand!" I cried out to the guy in front of me who was trying to convince me that Han Gyeong was only a hallucination.

I knew very well what I saw and what I heard.

Her grey hair and the wrinkles which appeared on her face as soon as she started smiling, everything was clear in my memory.

"Y/n, you're on your periods. It's normal to overthink, okay?" I scoffed at his words. He was the last person I was expecting to not understand me.

"Let it be Taehyung. You're unbelievable." His face turned serious once he saw me avoiding his words and sticking to my own opinion. "And so are you!" I saw him marching out of the bedroom, angrily.

As Taehyung stormed out of the room, I stood there, feeling a mix of frustration and sadness. It seemed like I was being dismissed and misunderstood by the person I thought would always support me. But I couldn't let that discourage me. I knew what I had experienced, and I needed to find someone who would listen and believe me.

Determined to seek answers, I decided to reach out to my best friend, Jihyun. She had always been there for me, no matter how crazy things seemed. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed her number, hoping she would pick up.

After a few rings, Jihyun's voice finally came through the receiver. "Hey, Y/n, what's up?" she asked, sensing the urgency in my voice.

"Jihyun, I need to talk to you. It's important," I replied, my voice trembling slightly.

"Of course, Y/n. I'm here for you. What's going on?" she reassured me.

Taking a deep breath, I began to pour out all the strange occurrences that had been happening lately. I described in detail the encounter with Han Gyeong, her appearance, and the unsettling feeling I had. Jihyun listened attentively, not interrupting me, but I could feel her concern growing with each word I spoke.

After a brief pause, Jihyun spoke softly, "Y/n, I believe you. I've always trusted your instincts. It must be terrifying to go through all of this alone. But you're not alone now. We'll figure this out together."

Hearing those words brought tears to my eyes. Finally, someone understood and believed me. Jihyun's support gave me the strength to keep investigating the mysterious events surrounding Han Gyeong. We made a plan to gather more information and search for any connections or explanations that could help us make sense of everything

No longer feeling alone or dismissed, I regained the strength and determination to face the challenges ahead. Even if it meant going against the odds and conventional beliefs, I was ready to discover the truth and prove that what I had experienced was real.

Little did I know that this journey would not only unravel the mystery surrounding Han Gyeong but also reveal hidden truths about the world around me.

---

I cautiously approached the guard room, making sure to stay out of sight from any family member. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on me as I knew that the answers I sought might lie within those walls. With each step, my heart pounded in my chest, a mix of anxiety and determination guiding my movements.

Peeking around the corner, I confirmed that no family members or staff were in sight. It was the perfect moment to approach the middle-aged guard who held vital information about Han Gyeong. I tiptoed closer, my footsteps barely making a sound against the marble floor.

As I entered the guard room, the guard, engrossed in his paperwork, didn't immediately notice my presence. He looked up, surprised, as he finally registered my figure standing before him. His eyes widened with curiosity and perhaps a touch of suspicion.

"Excuse me, sir," I spoke softly, trying to project an air of innocence and urgency. "I need to speak with you about Han Gyeong."

The guard's eyebrows furrowed, and a hint of unease flashed across his face. He seemed taken aback by the suddenness of my query, and his eyes darted around the room, as if searching for an explanation for my unexpected interest.

"What do you want to know about Han Gyeong?" he asked cautiously, his voice laced with curiosity and wariness.

Keeping my voice low, I leaned closer, a slight tremor in my tone, "I've been experiencing strange occurrences, and I believe Han Gyeong is somehow involved. Please, I need to understand what happened to her."

The guard studied me intently for a moment, his gaze searching mine for sincerity. After a brief silence, he let out a resigned sigh and motioned for me to sit down on a nearby stool.

"I'll tell you what I know," he began, his voice hushed. "Han Gyeong was indeed a gardener here. She was a gentle soul, always kind and caring. But her death... it was a tragedy."

As the guard recounted the events surrounding Han Gyeong's passing, I listened intently, my heart heavy with a mix of sympathy and curiosity. The guard's words painted a picture of a woman deeply connected to the estate and its inhabitants, especially Jungkook.

As he finished his tale, the guard's eyes met mine, filled with a glimmer of understanding. "Be careful," he warned, his voice tinged with concern. "There's more to Han Gyeong's story than meets the eye. Whatever you're experiencing, it might be linked to her."

I nodded, absorbing his cautionary words, knowing that I was embarking on a perilous journey. The guard's insights only deepened my resolve to unravel the mysteries surrounding Han Gyeong's presence and the truth behind her untimely demise.

Thanking the guard for his time and trust, I left the room, my mind racing with newfound knowledge and a renewed determination to discover the secrets that lay hidden within the estate. There was no turning back now; I would follow the path before me, even if it led me into the darkness.

---