4

Y/n's pov ;

"Oh no, my Jiwoo! What did you do to your hair?" Mother exclaimed, her hands gently running through Jiwoo's shortened locks as she entered the mansion. Taehyung quickly instructed the servants to take Jiwoo's luggage to her old room.

"Come on, Mom, it's fashion!" Jiwoo protested, pouting at the unexpected reaction. She had recently cut her hair from waist-length to shoulder-length, seeking a change and a new sense of empowerment, maybe. "Hair grows back, you know!"

Dad joined the conversation, adding his perspective. "She's right, dear. I think it suits her well. Besides, she's always had a knack for making bold choices."

Mother sighed, her worry slowly transforming into acceptance. She couldn't deny the confident glow in Jiwoo's eyes. "You're right. It just caught me by surprise, that's all. But you're beautiful no matter what, my dear."

I nervously smiled at their reunion. This was my second time meeting Jiwoo off screen. We had quite a good bonding on calls but her confidence and bold personality was setting me off. I was fearing about being disliked by her. I was seeing her after years.

"Hey, my love!" Jiwoo exclaimed, her voice filled with affection as she hugged me tightly. I couldn't help but smile, my arms instinctively wrapping around her. The sweet scent of strawberries embraced us, adding to the warmth of the moment. Jiwoo's partially feminine appearance, bold tone, and unisex dressing sense continued to captivate me, making her a fascinating blend of characteristics.

Before I could respond, Taehyung approached us, a wide grin on his face. Jiwoo broke away from our embrace and leaped into her brother's arms, the joy in their laughter echoing through the room. Witnessing their heartfelt reunion, my heart swelled with warmth and admiration for their sibling bond.

"Mom, I'm really hungry. They served food in very little quantities on the flight," Jiwoo exclaimed, making her way towards the dining table, leaving Taehyung's grip. As she settled into her seat, a delightful sight awaited her—the table adorned with neatly arranged dishes.

"My poor baby," Mother cooed, bending down to kiss Jiwoo's head. "Look, I prepared your favorite dishes!"

With a sense of anticipation, the lids were removed, revealing a delectable spread that had been lovingly prepared for Jiwoo's arrival. The aroma of chicken, fried rice, kimbap, kimchi, corndogs, and more filled the room, instantly whetting everyone's appetite. Jiwoo's eyes widened in delight as she took in the sight before her.

"Oh God, thank you so much," Jiwoo expressed her gratitude, her voice laced with excitement and appreciation. It had been years since she had tasted homemade food, and the gesture held a special significance for her.

As Jiwoo eagerly indulged in the feast, the room was filled with a combination of laughter, happy chatter, and the clinking of utensils. The joyous atmosphere reflected the love and care that had gone into the meal preparation. It was a celebration of Jiwoo's homecoming, where everyone present cherished the opportunity to share this moment with her.

As I watched Jiwoo from a distance, captivated by her beauty, my admiration slipped out in a whispered comment. "She's so pretty." To my surprise, Taehyung, who was standing beside me, seemed to have heard my words. His arms gently encircled my waist, pulling me closer to him, and he playfully responded to my statement.

"I mean, yeah," He said with a playful smile, his voice filled with affection. "She's gorgeous, but she can't beat my soon-to-be wife, though."

His words caused my cheeks to flush, a mixture of embarrassment and warmth spreading through me. In this moment, surrounded by Jiwoo and her family, it didn't feel appropriate to engage in a romantic exchange. I chose to remain silent, allowing the unspoken understanding between Taehyung and me to linger in the air.