13

As the group gathered downstairs in the spacious living room, each wearing more comfortable attire, Mr. Kim brought out his MacBook, a worried furrow creasing his brow. He opened the CCTV footage of the wedding hall, and the screen displayed the events leading up to the fire.

The room fell silent as everyone's attention was captured by the flickering images on the screen. The flames appeared to emerge out of thin air, without any discernible source or trigger. Confusion mixed with fear filled the atmosphere.

Mr. Kim's frustration grew with each passing second, his voice tinged with exasperation. "This doesn't make any sense! How could the fire start like that? There's no logical explanation!"

Jiwoo leaned in closer to the screen, her brows furrowed in deep thought. "It's as if the fire had a life of its own. But that's impossible, right?"

Mrs. Kim's voice trembled with unease. "We need to find out what caused this. It's not normal for a fire to ignite without any apparent reason."

Y/n's mind raced back to her conversation with Jihyun, the warning about the malevolent spirit lurking in the old wedding hall. Her heart pounded with a mixture of fear and realization.

Excusing herself from the room, Y/n made her way to the kitchen, her hands trembling as she dialed Jihyun's number. The phone rang, and relief washed over her when Jihyun answered.

"Y/n? Is everything alright?" Jihyun's voice carried a hint of concern.

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "Jihyun, we watched the CCTV footage, and it's terrifying. The fire started out of nowhere, without any explanation. It's like something supernatural."

Jihyun's voice held a mix of worry and urgency. "Oh no, Y/n. It's highly likely that the spirit is behind this. I told you to be cautious. We need to find a way to stop it before anyone else gets hurt."

Y/n's voice quivered as she whispered, "I'm scared, Jihyun. It's like the spirit is toying with us. What should we do?"

Jihyun's reassurance offered a sliver of comfort. "Stay strong, Y/n. We'll figure this out together. Right now, gather everyone, and make sure they stay safe. I'll do some research and see if there's anything we can do to protect ourselves."

Y/n nodded, her voice filled with gratitude and concern. "Thank you, Jihyun. Please be careful too. I'll get back to the living room and try to keep calm."

They exchanged hurried goodbyes, and Y/n returned to the living room, her heart pounding in her chest. She took her seat, her hands trembling slightly, as the rest of the group continued to discuss the puzzling nature of the fire.

Silently, Y/n pondered the eerie events, knowing deep inside what was truly responsible. Fear tinged her every thought as she anxiously awaited Jihyun's guidance, her eyes darting around the room, wondering if the malevolent spirit was watching, biding its time for its next move.

---