The Ex Ruler and the Bastard

"How are you feeling?" Nergal asked with a smile plastered on his face approaching the purple eyes man sitting in the table.

"I'm fine, why ask such stupid question?" the purple eyed man said with annoyance written in his face.

"Well, I haven't seen you for some time now, no?" Nergal said with a chuckle before sitting beside the man

"hm, of course, you have been busy watching those brats...." the man said taking a sip from his cup. "but, at least it's convenient for me, I don't have to see your faces that much anymore."

"I see. Leon, these days I can't help but notice that you seem to be brimming with your usual 'I am higher and powerful than you all' attitude before." Nergal said smirking with ill intent.

Leon froze before coughing and said trying to hold his composure "... I'm not. you're probably just imagining things..."

"hm, perhaps. so I guess I have no need to remind you that you are still weak and that if we want, we could just-"

Leon cuts him off "enough! yes I do understand, so no need to remind me." he glared at him clenching his fist.

"good. at least you still know your place." Nergal said smiling 

"... tsk, you said that if I agreed to give birth to a child I will return to my previous life, yet, you now treat me nothing like it" 

"Oh? I apologize if it seems like that."

"I don't need your empty apologies"

Nergal chuckles "of course"

"Being with you all is hell, did you know that?"

"I know, but, what could you even do about it?"