Nergal

there was peaceful sensation surrounding Cain as he focused on waves of his mana flowing through his body as per his father's instructions while the dark grey haired male observes him closely, walking in circles as he studied his composure and the way his mana flowed.

Cain's peace was soon interrupted by loud voices coming outside the room, his mana dispersed as he turned his head towards the door in wonder, is his brother's training finished already? 

Nergal lets out a frustrated sigh as he began to walk towards the door and exited, leaving Cain alone in the room.

Cain got up as he peaked through the crack of the door and saw Nergal talking with Deus and Cale, who was sitting on top of Deus' shoulder.

as he saw Nergal walking back towards the room, he stepped back as the door opens and Nergal stepped in.

Nergal who saw Cain had completely stopped his training lets out a frown as he groaned, "why did you stop your training? I believe I never told or allowed you to stop."

Cain's eye avoided his gaze as he mumbled a quiet 'sorry', scurrying off back to his position and sat on the ground with his legs crossed as he continued, trying to focus back on the task in hand, his mana seeping through his body as he calmed it down, letting it flow steadily.

 Nergal nodded as he saw the child go back to his task, taking 4 candles and placed it around Cain before lighting it up as Cain continued, steadying his own breaths and tried not to get distracted by the male's movements.

the light of the candles flickered by his mana's intensity which made Nergal speak, "focus, if a candle loses it's light then there would be consequences. so make sure not to let your wave run too freely"

Cain slowly nodded as he focused on his mana everything was going smoothly till a knock on the door startled him, making his mana disperse once again and killing the candle's lights.

Nergal sighs before walking towards the door and opened it revealing Mephisto standing there with his usual smile, "am I interrupting?"

"yes. what do you need?" Nergal answered bluntly as he moved to the side to let the male pass.

"nothing really, just wanted to see how this goes." Mephisto answered with a grin as he entered and moved towards the couch and glanced towards the child.

Cain shuts his eye as he tried to ignore the fact that the candles had died down already, hoping to possibly get away with whatever consequence Nergal has in mind.

Nergal closed the door and then walked back and stood beside Mephisto, staring at Cain as he speak, "stand up and and take two of the candles in your hand."

Cain opened his eye as he grabbed two of the candles beside him and stood up.

Nergal lit the two candles in his hand and said, "go back to focusing your mana, I don't care if it drips in your skin or if it'd burn, mess up one more time and there'd be no meal for you later."

"wow, so harsh. can't you give the little one a break?" Mephisto chuckled seeing Nergal's attitude. 

"No, if he wants to survive out there then he'd have to endure more than this."

Cain got back to his focus, his mana steady yet would flicker once he felt the hot wax of the candle touch his skin, his hand squeezing and unsqueesing the candles knowing that Nergal had used a higher than normal kind of fire and that it might as well leave some burn marks if not treated.

Nergal watched intently as he showed no worry for the child while Mephisto watched in amusement and wonder, how much longer is he willing or could he endure?

Some time later, for what felt like an eternity, Nergal finally spoke, ending his training, "alright, that's enough." he said as he watched Cain slowly placed the candles down and the candles slowly died down.

Nergal and Mephisto glanced at each other, like a silent agreement happened between them, before Mephisto stood up from his seat and walked towards Cain, patting him softly in the shoulder as he lead him out of the room and towards his lab.

he made Cain sit on the bed as he took some materials in his stocks.

As Mephsito was gathering materials, Cain stared on his hands, Both of it's skin red with some  patches and skins burnt.

soon a weight was added on the bed and when Cain looked up back at Mephsito, he extended his hand to let the male take care of his wounds.

Mephsito gladly applied some cream he made on his burns before he loosely wrapped a bandage around it.

"thank you" Cain said receiving a nod from Mephisto as Cain stood up from the bed and asked, "what is brother doing?"

"he is with Beryl, he is being taught some techniques and survival skills. ah, and before you go, I suggest you not to join him for a while, rather, go to your room and take a rest." Mephisto added as he knew what the child was about to do.

hearing his words Cain just nodded as he retreated back to his room, flopping down on the bed as he curled up in the cold lonely bed.