HUNGOVER

Catherine's pov

I woke up with a heavy headache. I felt like there was a load on my head. My eyes traveled to my surroundings. I am in my hall. Why did I sleep in the hall last night? My body is aching. Cerena was sleeping on the floor. Then I remembered about the last day. We were in a club.

SHIT!!!!!

I called Cerena, but she turned to the other side. This girl.

"Serena!" I called her again. She put her hands on both ears.
"What cat? Why are you here so early? " she asked me.
"You are in my house. "Thank God James was not here.
"Why did you take me here? " she rubbed her eyes. This girl seriously forgot that we went to the club last night.

"Cerena,", I called her to wake up from her sleeping state. "Don't you remember anything?" I asked.
"I had an amazing dream last night," she said out of nowhere.
"What?"
"A handsome man. I was in the arms of a handsome man. He dropped me off. She said she was remembering something.
"I saw the same dream. "Is that a coincidence?
"Is it because we slept together that we saw the same dream?" she asked. Is that possible?

" No. That was not a dream... There was a footprint of shoes on my floor. So a man dropped us here. God, what if he is a serial killer? How can I lose my control?

Wow," she squealed. She is not in her right mind.

I walked to the cupboard to take the painkillers. I gave one to her along with water.
"Do you know him?" She asked me. Cerena was still thinking about him.
"I feel like I have seen him before," I answered.
"Really." She is in all joy.
"I may be wrong." Her face went down.
"Did he tell his name?" She asked.
"No? " I am not sure. I was not in a conscious state last night.
"How am I going to search for him?" She asked. I don't even remember his face clearly. Then it struck my mind.
"He is a divorce lawyer." My voice is full of excitement.
She stood up from the ground and said, "Really? "God may love me too much. I got a breakup, and the very next moment he showed me a handsome man," she said.

Is this woman serious? "What if he is married?"
"He is not. There is no ring in his hand' She is such an observant.
"Were you that conscious last night?" I can't believe it.
"What else do you look for in a handsome man? She asked. She has a point.
" Okk. But I am sure he has a girlfriend.
"It is okay to give it a try." She is very optimistic. "Do you want to try?" Her question stunned me.
"I am not single like you," I said, pinching her nose.

"Okay, Mrs. Loyal. Let me try my luck," she said.
"Well, how are you going to find him?" I questioned her. "Don't get me wrong, Rena, but this is not a film; this is reality. He won't come on horses for  you."She looked at me for a while.
"How about I get married and visit him for a divorce?" She asked.
"That's a good idea. Go and marry the next person you see on the road. "My voice is laced with sarcasm.

I walked away from her and said, "I am going to freshen up." " Okk. I am leaving... She went out to her house.

I was preparing lunch. My stomach is growling.

The calling bell rang. Did she find his address? I went to open the door. It was not Cerena. It was Susan.

"Hey, Susan. Come in." I welcomed her inside.
"How are you, cat?" She hugged me.
"Fine. Sorry, Susan. It must be difficult for you to take me to the hospital," I apologized to her. She came to see me, but she had to spend her vacation at the hospital.
"Don't be a silly cat. You are fine now, and that's important, she assured me.

We both walked to the kitchen. She is also here, so I thought of making lasagna. She sat on the chair in the front of the open kitchen.

Susan offered help, but I rejected it. We chatted while I cooked the meal.

"So James is on a business trip?" she asked doubtfully. I wondered why she doubted her brother.
"Yeah," I confirmed.
"But Dad didn't tell me anything about the trip," she asked. James is the head of the company, but Dad's word is the last.
"It was a sudden arrangement," I said, placing the dish on the table.
"So where is he now? " she was calculating something.
"Japan," I answered.
"Did he call you?" She asked me. Why is she asking more and more about him? It was unusual.
"No, but I called him. He told me that he landed safely and will be busy for the next few days," I answered, to which she responded with a sympathetic smile.

"Wow, still the same aroma." She opened the lid and smelled it for a few seconds.
"Have it, Susan. You must be hungry." She smiled at me and looked down at her plate.
She took a bite and just hummed.
"So, Susan, how are mom and dad? " I asked. It's been a while since I visited them.
"Well, they are fine," she answered.
"I heard that they came to the hospital," I said.
" Yes. I was shocked, and James was not available. So I called Dad," she said.

"Yeah." James is always unavailable.
"They are not going to leave me alone," she said.
"What happened? " I asked.
"They want me to settle down. I have to marry a guy and live here, she said.

I laughed.
"Then get married, Susan." I was laughing.
"I don't think there is a man who can adjust to me," she said. That is true. She is not a soft girl. She is very bold. She always stands on the right.
"There will be. A man who is so nice and can be with my  Susan, she smiled at me.
"Yeah," she responded.
"Now have it." I urged her to eat the food.

For a few minutes, there are only the clicks of spoons and forks.

Susan washed the plates. I tried to stop her, but she didn't.

Then we sat in our lounge. She explained her photographic life in France. We continued our chat for a bit.

"If you are alone in this big house, you can stay with me," she offered. She is living with her parents. They have many houses, but she prefers to be with them when she is here.
"That's fine, Susan." I rejected her politely.

She said goodbye and got into her car. I got inside the house. My phone was on the table. I called James's number, but it remained the same. The messages I sent to him last day were still unseen. My phone suddenly rang. It was a call from Selin.

"Hello, Sel," I said, taking the call.
"Cat, don't ask me a lot of questions. Just hear me out first, "Selin said.
" Okay. Tell me. What is the serious issue? " I asked.

"I am coming back. My engagement is next week, and marriage will be soon. It was a surprise for me. She is coming back after years her marriage.
"What? " It was the first word that came out of my mouth.
"You are my best friend. You should be there as my sister. Don't forget your role in your best friend's marriage, she reminded me.
"When is your engagement? And when are you coming??"I asked.
"My engagement is on the 28th, and I will be there on the 26th," she answered.
"You come only on the 26th." Her answer confused me.
"Yeah, girl," she said casually.

I laughed at her talk.
"The function is held in AR Hall. The theme is red. I have called Victor and Daniel. They are all coming. Let's celebrate!" she cheered.
"Did you call James?" I asked. Maybe he didn't take her phone. He doesn't answer my calls either.
"Yeah, I called him, but he said he was on a business trip. He can't reach my engagement. "Her voice is a bit sad.
"It's okay, Sel," I consoled her. He is in Japan now. He can't arrive on time.
"But he promised me that he would be here for my marriage."
"Ok," I responded. Her voice is filled with excitement. She hangs up the call. I remembered our school life. Victor, Daniel, Selin, James, and me. We were like five fingers of a hand. Always together. Our gang was very popular back then. My lips turn into a smile. The memories flooded my mind. Selin is getting married. She didn't tell me the guy's name. Who is she getting married to? I smiled at her silliness.

I opened the wardrobe. There is no red dress for her function. I should purchase a new dress for her engagement, I decided.

Please like if you liked the chapter.
Do comment with your opinions.

Support me to continue.😌