HIS LOVE

Catherine's pov

I woke up from my sleep. My head was hurting too badly. I looked at myself. There were no clothes on me. I don't remember what happened last night?. I went to the pub, but then what happened?. 

I took a painkiller from the shelf. I dialed Cerena's number.
"Rena, tell me what happened last night." I asked her.
"What happened?" she replied with the same question.
"That's what I am asking. What happened in the pub??" I asked her.
"I don't remember. You dropped me last night, right?" she asked. I hung up the call.

I called the next person who was with me last night.
"Susan, what happened last night?" She asked.
"You don't remember?" she too answered with a question.
"No," I replied.
"You don't remember that handsome boss of yours taking you home," she asked. Oh god, I really can't remember.
" No. I don't, I said, horrified.
"Did anything happen?" she asked me.
"What happened?" I asked her.
"How do I know?" she said through the phone. .
"I don't remember." I hung up.

Did something happen? I asked myself.

I sat in my seat. Sara asked me to send these files to my boss, but I said no. I was not feeling well. He calls me to the office, but I avoid him.

It was noontime. All the staff went to the restaurant. I was walking to the store, but a hand pulled me to the print room.

"What are you doing, Dominic?" I asked, messaging my wrist.
"I am asking the same. What are you doing?" he asked. His voice was reckless.
"I am doing my work," I answered, avoiding his eyes.
"Why are you avoiding me?" he asked. He noticed it.
"I am not," I say, turning to the opposite side.
"Yes, you are," he said, pulling me to face him.
"Nothing, Dominic," I said. He stared into my eyes.
"Are you sure?" He asked again.
"Yes," I confirmed to him.
"Okay," he said, releasing my hand. I was going to open the door.

"Dominican, did something happen last night?" I shouldn't have asked it. But I did.
"Is that why you are avoiding me?" he laughed. His face looks relaxed now.
"So something happened," I was thinking about last night. Rewinding it.
"You don't remember anything," he asked curiously.
"No," I said.
"What a shame! You don't remember how you seduced me last night?" he said. I seduce him. No, that was impossible.
But he was already on his way.
"Dominican, tell me." He didn't wait for me. I called him to stop.
"You just relax and think. If you still can't remember, then I will tell you," he said in my ears.
I want to ask again, but the staff came after lunch. I stayed in my seat.

"Cat, you have been looking at the door. Are you looking for someone?" Henry asked.
"No," I replied.
"Are you looking at the boss?" he asked again. I am staring at his door.
"No," I said.
"Okay, if you say so. You know I can keep anything secret, he said with the hand sign.
I thought about it. Henry is Dominic's brother. So he knows Dominic very well.

"Henry, can I ask you something?" I tapped him to look at me.
"Of course," he said, placing his phone down.
"How is your brother with girls?" I asked very slowly. His eyes are widening.
"You know my character. My brother is the exact opposite of it, he said. So Dominic stays away from girls. Why does he keep his distance from girls?
"Does he have a girlfriend?" I asked. I don't know why, but my heart is running fast.
"Yes," Henry answered. My heart felt tightened. But I have never seen him with a girl.
"Who is she?" She must be a supermodel or a CEO.
"I don't know cats," he answered. I can see him analyzing my expression.
"What are you thinking?" he asked.
"I haven't seen any girls coming here," I said.
"That is because his love is on one side, "Henry casually said.
"One side," I repeated.
" Yes. He has been loving a girl for many years, but she doesn't know it, he said. That is tragic.
"Didn't he confess?" I asked.
"No, I have never seen my brother scared of anything other than this," he said. I wanted to laugh. Dominic is scared of something. But who is the girl? If he doesn't confess how she knows his love, she must be lucky to have him.
"So your brother is going to stay single in this life?" I asked.
" No. There is a chance now, he said. My heart tightened again.
"What chance?" I asked him.
"She is here now; I am sure this time he will confess," he said. I was not happy to hear this.
"Yeah." Who is the girl who came back? She has to come back now. But it was his true love—who am I to reject?
"What do you think? Will she accept him?" Henry asked.
"Of course," he says, having been loving a girl without expecting anything back. Surely she comes to him. But my mind has mixed feelings.

That night was long. My heart is running fast. I tried to control it, but it is not. He is my boss. But he has been there for me when I needed him. Even without telling me, he stood up for me. Why? Maybe he considered me a friend. I, too, want to be happy for him. He gets his lost love, but I can't be happy.

No, I can't be selfish. This is a casual feeling. He was there when there was no one for me. That is why I have these feelings. I should congratulate him. The guy can finally have his love.

There will be someone for me too. One day, he will also come into my life. If not, then I can stay single. That will be better.

It is better to be single than scared of getting cheated one day.

Please like if you liked the chapter.
Do comment with your opinions.

Support me to continue 😌😌.