7

But luckily, it was Whitebeard who appeared before the fists could attack the brothers and threw Akainu other side. Sabo blinked his eyes repeatedly and felt no blooming shadow of death above him but a warm presence. He looked in front and saw Whitebeard standing and shielding them.

"SABOOOOO!!!!" Luffy cried and hugged Sabo tightly with his rubbery arms multiple times. "DON'T DO THAT EVER AGAIN!!!!"

The rain started falling heavily, which seemed like it would never end, and a loud thunder cackled in the background. The waves got larger than the previous ones and tried attacking Marineford, only for Akoji to freeze it all again.

"Brats!" Whitebeard spoke and then turned back to see Luffy, who was on the verge of collapsing. He shouldn't have expected the brat to turn the war upside down. "You have done plenty." Whitebeard said and looked at Sabo. "Take care of him."

Sabo held Luffy and was about to pass him to Ivankov, when Luffy shook his head violently. "I don't need it. There's no time. We need to save ACE!"

Sabo bit his lips harshly. He could either give up to Luffy's whims and let him fight or keep him safe with Ivankov, from where he will definitely escape after some time. He ould also let him get into water for sometime, but they were far away from there. It's better to have him with him and protect him. Sabo decided.

"We don't have time! Let's go!" Sabo stated, making Luffy grin widely. The rain vanished and the brothers charged ahead, with a renewed hope and force.

On the platform, Ace took a breath of relief. He was just about to loose one brother, if not for his Pops. His lips wobbled and tears threatened to leak. He plopped his head on the platform and allowed the tears to fall freely. He kept on repeating in his head. 'They are alive! They are alive! They are alive!'

"Whitebeard!" Akainu gritted his teeth. "It looks like, you are having a hard time!" Akainu smirked, seeing his indirect work in form of the bleeding chest. Whitebeard punched the air in return, which collided with Akainu's magma fist.

Whitebeard coughed out blood, holding his chest and fell on one of his knees. The pirates surrounding him, felt fear creep into them.

"BOSS!!!"

"POPS!!"

"CAPTAIN!!!"

"Even you can't overcome old age, Whitebeard!" Akainu's hands engulfed in magma, ready to shoot Whitebeard.

Marco's eyes widened in fear and he flew over to Whitebeard, only to be fired by cannons, halting his path but Marco wasn't going to give up. He flew faster and faster, until he was so damn close to Whitebeard, but it was late.

Akainu's magma fist collided with Whitebeard's chest, making a gaping hole in it.

"Don't slow down. Men, all of you go get Whitebeard!" Sengoku yelled. He was finally feeling some hope in winning the war. If one of the main boss of the war would die, then the war would probably turn to their side, making them the victor.

The marine captains, Vice-Admirals all charged together at Whitebeard and some at Marco, to keep him on bay. They stabbed Whitebeard with their swords, attacked him with cannons and guns. Whitebeard pirates rushed to fight off the marines, when Whitebeard lifted his weapon and ordered them to stay back.

"You all think that this is enough to kill me?" Whitebeard spoke, but couldn't hide his pants. "I don't need any help." Whitebeard's pupils enlarged as he threw off the marines stabbing their swords at him. "I AM WHITEBEARD!!"

"If I die, will my death have any meaning? I know that I must watch over my son's futures. I can't afford to die. Right, Ace?" Whitebeard asked, and saw Ace nod his head rapidly, his lips lined in a thin line and stopping himself from crying.