9

Whitebeard was growling in rage. Akainu had tried to kill his sons!! He would never let him live away with that. If it wouldn't be for that brat's dad, they would have been punched through and died in an instant. Even if the brat is a God, he is not that yet. He wouldn't be able to save himself unless he awakens his God self.

Whitebeard pounded his fist on Akainu, pinning him to the ground, in sheer rage. The rage of trying to kill his sons, and about to kill Luffy, Ace and Sabo.

"Pops is mad!!" A pirate yelled. "Everyone get away!"

But Akainu was not someone who would stay down. He used his magma to blow off Whitebeard's head, which resulted Whitebeard's ears and half of the moustache to burn off. But Whitebeard was not going to die from it. He punched Akainu in his stomach, cracking the air there itself. It made the Mad Dog bleed from his nose and mouth and Marineford to blast off with the bomb inside it. The fort crumbled into pieces and fire surrounded the remains.

"It's coming down!! The marine HQ building is blasted off!" The marines shouted in frenzy.

"Fire! Run!"

Whitebeard again used his powers and separated the pirates and marines. The marines were forced to be on the side of the crumbling, blazing Marineford, while the pirates retreated safely, due to the massive gap between them now.

Several marines even fell down in the valley, which Whitebeard created.

A few minutes before,

It was literally like something out of a nightmare. Ace's brain had stopped working right there in the absolute chaos of an active war zone but the clutch on his arms tightened, snapping him from his musings. 

"You dumbass!!" Sabo yelled at Ace, who was still processing what had happened. "How many times should I remind you, to not let your anger control you in fights?!!!"

Ace snapped from his daze and understood his fault. He got off from Sabo's grip and started running beside his brothers. 

"Pass Lu to me! I'll carry him!" Ace stated and took Luffy whose eyes are heavy from tiredness.

Luffy not squirming and protesting was a big sign that he is not okay. He had pushed himself too far today. His brothers have already done too much for Ace. Now, he can't let Sabo carry Luffy also. And this way he won't be able to fight anyone in his anger. He had literally lost both of his brothers in this battle, which only began due to his unjustifiable rage. 

Luffy's drum beat of the heart beat was weak and unsteady against his ears but a proof that his brother is alive by his side and not dying. Even Luffy's breathing was coming heavy, which isn't good at all. But his brothers are by his side, and that's all Ace needs right now. 

"We will get you outta here Lu. You- You just hang tight, okay? You ni-chans will bail you out of here, like we always do." Ace shared a knowing grin with Sabo and continued running ahead. The only confirmation that Luffy ever heard him was a hot puff of his breath against Ace's neck.  

In the background, a huge BOOM sound erupted, making the brothers once turn their head and see the marvelous sight of Marineford blown up.

"Holy shit!!" Ace said in amazement. "That was so cool!!!" Luffy let out a soft smile against Ace's neck in agreement. 

"Who did it?" Sabo thought. He liked it that the place which threatened to take away their brothers and his life, was blown to pieces.

"Who else can it be?" Koala said, flipping her hair dramatically. "It was me and Hack who set up the bombs on the orders of Dragon-san! But the bombs got set off due to Whitebeard."