The Great Deception part 1

(Weeks go by as preparations for the 3 night masquerade party get under way. Angelique sulks around the castle. She had heard that Michael had been released as her father promised, but her father had forbidden her from seeing him before he was escorted from the palace grounds. Word had been sent to his father, about the charges against Michael. The king wanted things kept discreet. Unfortunetly...his jealous brother had a loyal spy inside the palace. It didn't take long for word to get spread around the city, and back to the King's brother. He paces back and forth in his throne room, as he hears the news.)

"So...a commoner...a blacksmith's son dares to kiss the lips, and breast of a maiden whose lips belong to me? Her vagina...nay! Her entire body which was no doubt blessed by the Gods themselves...her entire body...was sculpted by the Gods...for mine...and mine alone...enjoyment. This commoner dares to defile her by touching her with his unworthy hands? AARGH!! THE INCOMPETENCE OF MY IDIOT, BROTHER! He spares his live. IMBECILE! He should've hung him outside on the northern tower so that Angelique could look out her bedroom window and see his filthy carcass rot in the blazing sun! SHE IS MINE! HER LIPS ARE MINE! HER ASS AND PUSSY ARE MINE! DOES EVERYONE HERE UNDERSTAND THAT!?"

(Everyone agreed. They knew better then to say no to him. The evil Count paces back and forth...thinking outloud.)

"So, my imbecile brother is holding a 3 night masquerade ball at his palace for the beautiful Angelique. A chance for suitors...such as myself, to sweep her off her feet, and onto yonder bed. A chance to be the first...to deflower her...and afterward...be crowned...King. Hmmm. No doubt my idiot brother shall not send me an invite. Heaven forbid if my royal shaft should come within 500 feet of his daughter...but...I have a plan. Oh yes. I have a brilliant plan. If all works out as I have planned...Angelique shall give herself to me...willingly. Summon my captain. It is time I claim my rightful kingdom."

(Meanwhile...Angelique had plans of her own. She wrote a long letter to Michael. Personally inviting him to her royal masquerade party, and what costume and mask to wear. So she would recognize him. She gives the letter to one of her servants to deliver to Michael. Little did she know, a copy of that letter was made, and sent to Count Von Graves.)

(Days pass. Micheal had received Angelique's invite. All suitors who attended was supposed to bring a unique gift for the princess. Something of great value. Something that was very special to them. Yet it had to be something they were willingly to freely give away, as a token of their true love for the princess. Micheal knew exactly what he needed to do. He walked over to the stained glass rose, his father had hanging in the window facing the sea. He studied the craftmanship carefully. His father enters the forge.)

"My son. You have not spoken much since your ordeal weeks ago. I thought it was because you felt embarrassed. Being caught with the maiden Angelique. I also thought it might be because you needed time to get over your loss of same maiden. Now I catch you studying the same rose I crafted years ago for your mother. Speak to me...my son. What are your thoughts?"

"I miss her, father. My heart still yearns for her embrace."

"My son. The King and I have been friends since...oh...before you were born. He spared you because of that, and because Angelique begged for leniency for you. Are you studying my rose because you're planning to go to the masquerade ball?"

"I need to see her again, father. We've been writing to one another. Our hearts beat as one."

"Now, you listen to me lad. I'm not saying that your love for one another is wrong. I've seen the sadness in your eyes. The King spared you once. If caught with his daughter...he will not spare you again. Your love for one another will die...either thru your death in the dungeon, or when thou are executed. Please...I beg you. Do not go..my son. I have had a bad feeling weighing upon me, since this masquerade party was announced. I fear something terrible is about to happen."