The Great Deception Part 2

(The next night, Angelique and her masked lover were out on the balcony again. They kiss each other passionately.)

"Aren't you ever going to take that mask off?" Angelique teases.

(Her masked lover doesn't answer. He merely smiles at her. He hands her a glass stained red rose. Angelique's eyes light up, and she knew that this was the man she wanted to marry. This was the man, she wanted to give herself too. They kiss again.)

"I want you, Angelique. I want all of you."

"Soon...my love. I must first inform my father that I have made my choice."

"Isn't that not until tomorrow? The last night of the ball?"

"Yes. That is how it's always been for every princess. Including my mother."

"But I want you...now."

"And I want you as well...my love...but..."

"I have another gift to show you."

"Really? What is it?"

(Her masked lover whispers in Angelique's ear. She blushes.)

"Now that is a gift I'd like to see as well...however...the law clearly states that..."

(Her masked lover begins nuzzling Angelique's neck.)

"Are we not breaking the law...by the two of us being together now?"

"Yes...but..."

"And have I not proven my love for you?"

"Yes...but..."

"Doth thou not want me inside thee?"

"Yes. Oh yes...I want you inside me...teaching me...everything about carnal knowledge. However...the law clearly states that..."

"If you're so worried about the law...then perhaps I should let a royal kiss you instead."

"No! That's not what I meant! I do love you. I do want you...but..."

"Then prove it. If thou truly love me. Then why wait until tomorrow?"

"Because we have spent to much time out here alone already. If thou are caught..."

"Very well. Tomorrow then?"

"Tomorrow. I shall willingly give myself to thee...and you to me."

(They kiss goodbye. Angelique's masked lover leaves. A voice calls out to him from the shadows.)

"Well...well. Thou aren't a bigger scoundrel then I thought. The King's daughter!"(Cackles)

"You fool! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be raiding the trading vessels before they arrive here, and putting the blame on my incompetent brother! His alliance with the neighboring kingdoms must be destroyed. No one must come to their aid."

"Aye! Tis true...and thou promised that I would be properly compensated for every ship captured! Thou didn't tell me about the Man of War ships that weren't that far away from where the cargo ships were that I raided. Me and me crew barely escaped with our hides intact!"

"Yet you survived once again, Blackbeard...and you were paid nonetheless. So we have nothing more too discuss about."

"Wrong! We have much to discuss! My price has now increased! I want more gold. Allot more...unless...you're willing to let me have the King's daughter?"

"NO! SHE IS MINE...AND MINE ALONE!"

"Then I suggest ye meet my terms, Count. Or I'm liable to enjoy the fruit of my labors...thru her."