🌼Self control🌼

🌼whoa a lot has happened apologise for any spelling errors, this one has been written on my phone and I've had a big day🌼

A few more days passed as I watched Minnie improve, her bandage being slowly removed by Zen, he gently reassured her. Her flinching breaking my heart and her soft whining so good to hear, it sounds more clear and normal, no longer congested and croaky.

"She's got such a cute, gentle nature, my little Gedar baby" murmured Zen, he nibbled around her hair and nuzzled her chin, she watched him carefully, those bright saundel eyes still a little wary.

"Do you think we'll be able to train her some more when she's better?" I lightly asked, she does still need work being leash trained, the last thing I want to do is hurt her again. If I pulled a leash to hard, she could really get hurt.

"Stop overthinking honey, and I think we'll need to go slower with the training, I think it was causing her a lot of stress. The poor dear is far to stressed" he hummed, he scooped her into his arms and left the room, I followed quickly. He lay her on the pet bed beside Dart's saundel, the little cutey was fast asleep.

Minnie looked to the saundel and seemed to redden a little, I smiled softly and looked around. It's good to get her out of the bedroom, poor Minnie must be tired of the same room.

Zen nibbled my neck softly and I began to purr, leaning into his loving hold. He may be shorter then me, but I feel so small and safe in his arms. I could never love anyone as much as I love him.

"Maybe for lunch we should bring her outside, get her some fresh air, the poor thing needs to let the injury breathe" Zen mumbled lightly, I stared at my pet, burying down the guilt that's been ripping me apart.

"Remember, I know you just want her to be perfect and to feel safe, you need to let her be an animal, she is going to do things you don't like" added Zen, I looked to him.

"I know, I was being to fast scolding her when I shouldn't have, the Markeop made sure everything was spelled out, I'm just so used to her violent kin that I wanted to make sure nothing she did was aggressive, now she probably won't ever love me" I sighed, relaxing into the couch. The poor thing gets scared so easily, I've really stressed her.

"Oh no, sweetheart, don't you say that!" Cried out Zen, he gently lifted Minnie and lifted her stubby Saundel hands.

"I'm going to love you forever Gedar daddy! You are the best owner in the world!" Voiced Zen, I laughed, and shook my head, looking to wariness on poor Minnie's face.

"I told you to stop calling me that" I laughed in embarrassment, Zen grinned widely and chuckled.

"Come on, call her your gedar baby! Come on! You better be glad she's healing and stressed, or else I'd be shoving her into your arms" laughed Zen, I took a deep breath and smiled softly, damn it I love him so much, he's so handsome and sweet... The most caring guy I could ever have the honour of being loved by.

He licked her face gently and she whined, he yawned wide, probably still a bit tired, Minnie squeaked, trembling and looking at his jaws. He cooed softly rubbed her belly, avoiding the sore hip.

"Did you think I was going to eat you? Huh little one? Poor baby, I'm not going to eat you Minnie, noone is going to hurt you... Again" cooed Zen softly, she cowered slightly and shoved her head against him.

"Why did you think she thought you were going to eat her?" I asked, confused. He met my eyes and smiled softly.

"Look at her, she's seen her own kind be killed, even if it was in our own self defence. I wouldn't be surprised if her animal brain thought that meant we eat them" he explained softly. The idea baffling me, why would we eat them? Especially our pets? I suppose I cannot just guess what saundels are thinking.

Zen lifted her and I followed him outside, the camp bustling with others preparing for the clean up. He gently let her down and patted her adorable fluffy head.

"Stay close Minnie, don't want anyone being mean to you baby" cooed Zen, she rubbed her wet eyes, I wonder what she's crying for? The Markeop said it could range from pain to happiness, so it's best to keep an eye on it.

We headed down to the open grassy area, hoping she'll relax a bit by getting some fresh air, she watched us, as if waiting. I wonder what's wrong now.

"Just let her relax, she can't see being over here as just training, how is she going to relax if she thinks she's expected to do things every time?" Questioned Zen, I'm glad he's explaining things to me. I've never owned a saundel before and I don't want to continue making mistakes.

We moved away and she stood watching us, a little bit wary looking, glancing around. I wonder if she's expecting me to command her to do something? Have I messed up with that as well? I leant against Zen and closed my eyes, shoving aside those thoughts.

I opened my eyes at the sound of lighter feet on grass, Minnie had walked to us, watching us carefully. I couldn't help myself as I patted her head and crouched, examining her. The scar on her hip from me injuring her and the bruising from being hurt. Poor baby!

I feel so guilty... No wonder the poor thing is so stressed and nervous, she's been treated roughly and hurt for no reason. I almost wanted to cry, I chose her as my pet and I've put her in danger of getting hurt, I hate Frais for hurting her and I hate myself... She's just a little innocent saundel, not some tough beast.

"I've been a bad owner" I told Zen, looking up at him miserably, he nibbled around my back and calmed me gently.

"You're learning, you've made a mistake, and Frais is not a nice person. No more overthinking honey, let's concentrate on fixing that mistake" he murmured, we headed to sit down on a log, Minnie hurrying after us and looking around as others walked by.

Someone smiled at her and commented on how cute she is, she seemed nervous of them, but at least she's such a gentle thing. I can't see her being anything like her violent kin, she's much to sweet and loveable.

"When we get home, we can settle her in properly and she can have a whole house to run around and be safe in. Where noone will bully her. I can imagine it now, sitting at the table, drinking some tea, you swaying your cute butt as you make your best meals, and Minnie walking around and being a goofy little saundel" murmured Zen, I really love cooking, and although I prefer my meals live, I know that Zen and Minnie both enjoy cooked things.

Oh no, if she thinks she could be eaten, will me eating something scare her?!

"Should I eat in front of her? The poor thing is so fearful, it could really stress her" I asked Zen.

"I would say no, you're right, she probably will panic, saundels don't react well to seeing other animals eaten whole, or alive" mumbled Zen, I nodded my head, guess I'll be keeping away from her when I eat then.

Minnie was looking at her side and back at me, I wonder if she's worried I'll do it again? Oh, I don't want her thinking that, I hope saundels understand when something is an accident.