New place

He left me alone for a whole day, having closed the tent completely, I waited anxiously.

It's unnerving whenever he misses feeding me, I don't know if it'll be the last time I get to eat. I could just be something fun to keep around before he abandons me to starve to death in this cage as it rusts and decays.... The days get hotter...... The water runs dry.... I can't even call for help....

No!

I've started hyperventilating, I held my head and shook uncontrollably, anxious tears dripping down my face.

Something whistled and I slowly raised my head, sweat dropped into my eyes and made them sting. Something had lifted the tent and was crouching down outside. The light brightly burning into my eyes, it's front was shadowed and seemed nearly human.

I wiped my eyes and squinted at the shadowed figure, it's features slowly coming into view. I wasn't even surprised by the strange spidery mouth, I don't expect demons to look like puppies and kittens.

It whistled again, a soft melodic noise. I watched it nervously, it waved it's hand towards me as if calling a dog over. I looked around carefully, the half lit tent still empty.

Despite my distrust I still crawled forwards, moving slowly and nervously. There's no point in me disobeying demons, they could easily kill me for it.

I shook anxiously and sweat stung my eyes, dirt dug into my knees and I bumped my head harshly against one of the bars. I whimpered slightly and felt a hand softly stroke over my head.

The sensation has become pleasant, with how much the male does it. I turned around and pressed my back to the bars, my breathing calming down and my shaking slowing.

It's soft and reassuring touch making me feel slightly better. Despite my position, the bits of affection have been quite enjoyable.

I don't want anyone or thing to know though, it'd be to easy to manipulate me.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the relaxing sensation of the demon rubbing my bare back. It was silent as it did so, it soon stopped and stood up, I cringed down and waited for it to turn around and kill me. Instead it softly whistled and the tent flap fell to the ground, leaving me in temporary darkness before my eyes adjusted to the faint light.

I quickly stood and moved back to the other side of the cage, I took a sip of the water. My breathing was calm and I felt numb, the fear had drained far to much energy from my body.

I was woken from an uncomfortable sleep, my stomach empty and my body exhausted. The male demon had entered and was leaning down to pick me up. I whined slightly but didn't fight, by the way he tensed it seemed like he had expected me to struggle.

At least he didn't growl at me.

He carried me out of the tent and I cringed away from the light, pressing my head to his feathery chest.

He chirped softly and lowered me into a crate on a carriage, I watched him nervously and he walked out of sight, I sighed and gazed up at the clouds.

I'm surrounded by demons, there's no point in running. The male demon is the safest shot, so far he's been nothing but gentle.

The carriage jolted and I clenched my teeth, ignoring the hungry growl of my stomach. The trip was long and hot, the sun bearing down on my bare skin uncomfortably.

We came to a stop next to a hotel like building, I gazed at the building nervously. It seemed modern enough, but built to look more like an old style tavern.

I shifted uncomfortably, and felt sticky with sweat. The male demon soon came around and lifted me out. He placed me on the ground and connected the leash. I froze nervously and looked around, several other demons stood around.

He tugged on the leash and I wobbled slightly at the sudden force. I took tentative steps forward and looked up at him, he patted my head and tugged again. I shuddered and followed him closely, he seemed happy with my obedience and walked towards the building.

I needed to walk quickly to remain behind him without being dragged. I moved up the steps and entered the building. There was a pleasant fireplace area with a comfy leather couch facing it, a tv sat over the fireplace and a huge dog bed lay in between the fireplace and couch.

He unclipped the leash and pointed at the bed, I gazed at it in confusion, unsure what he wanted. He grunted slightly and I flinched nervously.

He pushed me towards the bed and nodded when I stood beside it, I slowly sat down and frowned. I don't care if I have to sleep like a dog, it's better then a dirt floor.

He patted my head once more before leaving. I sighed and looked around, the building was built tall, no wonder it was chosen by the demons.

Wait....

Am I... Am I his dog?

It'd make sense for how he's been treating me. It's the best option, so it mustn't be true.

Why would a demon want a pet? It'd make more sense for me to be a slave or future meal, like livestock. I couldn't be lucky enough to be spared from a painful life.

It makes no sense. I don't want to believe I could be a pet, the possibility is better then any other options and to hope for it will only make it hurt more when it becomes a lie.

I stared at the coal in the fireplace and hugged myself tightly, the hopeful side of me joyful at the chance of not being tortured, eaten or murdered. While common sense convinced me otherwise.

I sighed and curled up. Whatever happens to me is unstoppable, I just hope it's quick.

I hope he likes me enough to see me as a pet, at least then I know I'll get food and water and a sheltered place to sleep. I have experience with being a pet. I once tried experimenting with kinks with an old boyfriend, I hated it because he made everything sexual, I just enjoyed the cuddling and love.

He'd always beg for sex because me being affectionate was a turn on, It made me sad.

The memory hurt, back when the worst thing I had to deal with was a boyfriend who wanted more then I was willing to give. Back when my family was around and didn't abandon me at the first chance as some sort of sacrifice in the old town.

Now all of a sudden, the thought of being some demons pet was something good. Something preferred over all other awful options.

I'd meow like a cat if it'd let me be safe from death and pain.