High tensions

🌺Like with last chapter, this was written on my phone, so sorry for any errors. Hope you're all doing well!🌺

I stared at Master and Wolf, they sat on their log and seemed to just be talking, I'm not sure if they're going to train me again or not. A good pet needs to learn to obey, I smiled softly, my trust a little bit stronger in my owner and in Wolf... They didn't experiment on me, abandon me or even hurt me for being so stupid.

Maybe they aren't outside to train me, maybe they just wanted me nearby while they got some air, like taking their dog to the park.

Does this mean they plan on taking me for walks at some point? I never was big on exercise before this whole ordeal.

A good pet will do what their owners want.

Does that mean they'll expect me to play fetch or other games?

I looked to my hip, it was scarred, but healed over. Master was leaning against Wolf, he hurt me by accident, I remember sometimes when I dropped my phone, I would try to catch it and accidentally slam it into the wall, atleast he didn't do that to me.

I jumped in surprise as something touched me and I spun around, my eyes widening brightly.

"Cuddles!" I gasped, it whistled softly and stroked my head, seeming happy to see me as well. It was gentle as it's other hand gently touched my scarred hip, whistling softly.

I never would have seen myself being so happy to see one of them.

I gasped in surprise as I was lifted, cuddled against fur, I looked up at Wolf, whimpering slightly at a low growl. His hand stroked my back as I began to shake slightly, he seems tense and upset, did I do something wrong? Was me saying 'Cuddles!' considered the same way people see dogs barking? As annoying?

I don't want to be an annoying pet.

I could hear Master making noises, I began slowly looking over, he stood in front of us, just past him I could see a familiar demon, the cat faced demon.

Wolf growled slightly, holding me closer, his muzzle nibbling around my ear, he felt tense and unhappy. His gaze on the cat faced demon, does he know how that demon treated me?

Cuddles whistled and stroked my head once more, master chirped towards me, leading us all away. He seems upset now. We headed back inside, the boy sleeping on the pet bed. I was set down beside him, keeping my distance, but feeling more comfortable, so far he's been much nicer than the humans outside.

Master walked out, Wolf chasing after him. I hope he's not in to bad a mood, I've heard of people lashing out at pets when they are in bad moods, but Master isn't like that... Is he? He's become more distant recently.

Best case it's just because he feels bad for hurting me. Worst case is he's slowly losing interest, and I really don't want it to be the second one.

Why would he look after me when sick if he was getting bored?

Or maybe having to do that, made him bored.

"Hey... You feeling better?" Asked a voice, I looked to the boy, he was red faced as he tried not to look at me.

"Yeah" I croaked, fiddling with the fluff of the pet bed.

"You seriously looked like death, I thought you were dying. Did the demons... Did they do something?" He asked, I don't think they did anything, I think it was just a sickness brought on by an infection, it felt like a bad fever.

"I think it was just a bad fever" I explained to him, he sighed in relief.

"I am glad you're better, I was worried when I stopped seeing you, I really don't want to deal with this pet stuff alone" he groaned.