All the effort

If I want this to work, I have to be the best darn pet any demon or human has ever had. My survival and my mental wellbeing depends on it.

I sighed and looked around myself, anxiously figuring out whether I was breaking a rule or not. The hall was empty and quiet, the door leading to the outside had been altered to suit the height of demons. I eyed the strange doorknob and pushed my body up to my toes.

The door didn't even creak when I leant against it, I was able to slightly tap the larger part of the doorknob attached to the door. I sighed and stood properly, flinching as my ankle flared up in pain.

I needed to use a toilet urgently and no matter how many times I try to convince myself this is what a 'good pet' would do, it still made me feel pathetic.

I had tried several times now, exhaustion from having not exerted myself in a while wearing me down. I collapsed into a sitting position and miserably eyed the door, not wanting to relieve my screaming body inside.

I froze as the doorknob wiggled and opened, a familiar spider faced demon entered through. I staggered to my feet and tried to move past it. It crouched in front of me and stroked it's hand over my head, the method so calming and familiar. I whined and finally it let me pass, watching me as I ducked behind a new bush.

I flushed as it followed me. I did my best to hide my lower regions and happily relieved myself. I awkwardly shuffled away, back towards the door really missing having toilet paper. It opened the door and followed me to the pet bed as I sat uncomfortably.

I watched it crouch in front of me and sniff at me, it's soft hands holding me still. I squeaked in embarrassment as it got a little to intimate with it's sniffer.

It moved away quickly and patted my head softly. I sighed in relief and watched it stand up and walk away.

I waited alone, unsure how much time was passing by, all I knew was that the sun was still moving in the sky, casting tall shadows through the windows. I examined a tall plant, finding myself debating whether or not it was fake or real.

A loud creaking startled me, I spun around and eyed the door as it opened inwards towards the hall. My bored mind no longer bored, my moment of calm destroyed.

I cringed against the bed and watched nervously. I sighed in relief as master stepped in, his tall frame turning towards me. I took a deep breath, prepared to start being the best pet I could be.

It took a surprising amount of will to stand up and approach him, wanting to seem happy to see him, which in a way I was. He is the only source of food, water and love I've been able to get. Yet he's still a demon, still the reason I was abandoned.

I stood far to small in front of him, staring up at him nervously. He stroked my head, before picking me up and hugging me close. I stayed quiet, letting him do as he pleased.

He carried me into a new room, it looked to be a kitchen and he sat me on a bench which was also to short for him. He opened a large cupboard and dug around until he found what he was looking for. He turned around and held a handful of something strange looking.

He pressed a piece of it against my mouth, the taste was almost meaty and I resisted the urge to resist the food. Willing to cope with a bad flavour then come across as naughty.

I ate the strangely familiar brown lumps, he patted my head and grabbed another handful, this time not immediately feeding me. Instead he lifted me up and carried me outside with him.

He set me down in a large empty space away from all the other demons, I watched as Wolf ran over. He patted my head and sat on the grass, I eyed them nervously unsure what was going on.

Master pointed at the ground with a claw, he continued to do so as I watched him. He didn't say a word but seemed to grow frustrated as he kept doing the action. His frustration was making me scared, not wanting to be on the dangerous end of his claws.

I stared at him and his hand, my mouth growing dry, suddenly the sun far to hot against my unprotected body. He spoke and moved his hand towards me quickly, all I could see were flashes of people having their throats slit.

I yelped and fell over, holding my head and pushing it downwards to protect my neck. I flinched as he grabbed me, pulling me up and my knees hit the ground between his legs as he held me against his gut. He was making soft chirping sounds, I even heard Wolf let out a reassuring whine.

I slowly released my head and looked up at master teary eyed, he stroked my back. He chirped a bit more and pressed a bit of the food against my lips, I shakily ate it then pressed my forehead into his gut. His knees towered over me as I practically lay between his legs, unwilling to move.

As I calmed, he moved me away, sitting me in the grass between him and Wolf. He carefully pointed a clawed finger to my spot, the same gesture he had previously been making before giving me some more food.

Sit.... He was telling me to sit.

I chewed on the mostly bland pieces of food before sighing and beginning to cry once more. This time out of defeat, knowing now that being the best pet I could be was harder then just not running away and denying bad tasting food. I also had to struggle to understand him as he told me what to do.

I flinched as hands grabbed my shoulders and lay me down, my head resting on wolf's gut. He stroked along my gut and chest, soft and calming strokes. Never had anyone touched me around there unless it was sexual, the fact that it wasn't, messed with my head. These demons are far to different from me, yet the gentleness did calm my hammering heart.

He lay his legs out on either side of me and continued stroking me, not seeming to care if he touched my breasts or my sensitive lower stomach. I was grateful, that he was so soft and kind, yet I hated my mind, expecting something more out of his actions.

After all, humans don't do this to each other, when it's not for sexual gratification.

The two demons spoke above me, in a language far to different from my own. Master moved beside wolf and cuddled up against his side, now they both patted me as they talked.

🌺I know that not all people see those things as sexual, me included, I just wanted to keep it up with her experiences with being touched by others🌺