Episode Nineteen

"Can I stay tonight?" Kaleb asked after we finished our food

"Only if you sleep on the couch," I said.

Kaleb yawned and removed his shirt, revealing his sexy pecks and abs. "How about I sleep in the bed and don't hold you?"

Travis came to mind, and I thought about a girl sleeping in his bed, holding him, and the thought pissed me off. I shook my head. "That's what you said last time, and you still held me all night."

"Come on. You like it when I hold you. You hold me too, you know." Kaleb said.

I tried to remember holding him and came up with nothing. "I do not."

Kaleb poked me, tickling my side. "Yes, you do. You hold my arms around you, and sometimes you hold my hand."

"That's when I'm sleeping. That doesn't count." I said.

"Yes, it does. But okay, you twisted my arm. I'll sleep on the couch. I won't like it, but I'll do it." Kaleb laughed, and it was a pleasant sound. I missed his laugh.

"Good." Happy that I didn't have to argue with him, I gave him a blanket and pillow before I went to sleep.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Kaleb snuck into my room and crawled into bed with me. He didn't hold me until we were both fast asleep in the early morning hours. When I woke up to get ready for work, Kaleb was gone.

When I got to work, Dennis stayed in the office doing paperwork while Roxy began training me on the register. It was easy, but I had to admit I messed up a few times, and it was embarrassing as hell. By the end of my shift, I had the register down pat, and the Truck Stop had been totally cleaned.

My phone dinged when I was walking home.

Travis: The movie starts at eight. I'll pick you up at seven.

Me: Okay. Pick me up at the Truck Stop please.

Travis: Sounds good.

After I got home, I had about thirty minutes to get ready. I rushed through my shower and put my hair up in a ponytail. I tried to go for the cute grungy look by matching a black jean skirt with a black skull t-shirt. I even did my makeup which was rare for me.

When I realized I might be late, I started jogging. I made it to the Truck Stop at six-fifty-nine on the dot. Travis was parked in front, waiting for me, and I wanted to smack myself. I hadn't come from the direction of my trailer, and he would know it. If he said anything about it, I would have to lie again.

"Hey," I greeted as I opened the car door.

Travis leaned over the console and gave me a peck on the lips. "What's up? Why are you breathing so hard?"

I smiled. "I was jogging."

"Jogging?" Travis put the car into reverse and backed out of the parking spot.