Episode Forty

Dancing turned out to be a blast in my heavily buzzed state

Dancing turned out to be a blast in my heavily buzzed state. When Landon fell to the floor to begin break dancing, I laughed. He was actually an excellent dancer. The crowd stood by and chanted his name as he moved fast to the music.

Someone touched my shoulder, forcing me to stop watching Landon. I glanced to my side, seeing Travis with his lips in a flat line. He didn't look happy. In fact, he seemed angry.

I backed up a step, wondering what his problem was. "Landon's pretty good, isn't he?"

Travis's eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips. "Yeah, he is."

I gave Travis a warm grin before I continued watching Landon. Something about how smoothly Landon danced captivated all my attention and made me wonder why I'd never noticed him before.

"Kaleb asked me to check on you. He said you're being nasty as hell to him." Travis chuckled.

My grin fell flat. "Well, you can tell him I'm fine and safe. I have Jordan and Landon with me tonight, so tell him to stop worrying about me."

Travis nodded, leaning in. "I still can't stop thinking about you. If there's any chance that you would take me back, let me know."

I nodded, feeling the warmth of his whisper against my neck and ear. My eyes connected with Landon's as he finished dancing. Another guy took over dancing for the crowd as Landon walked my way with a serious look.

"Is everything okay?" Landon asked loud enough for Travis to hear.

"Yeah. You were the fucking bomb out there. I'm still shocked at how good you are." I knocked his arm with my shoulder.

Landon began laughing as the back of his hand bumped into mine. "What's up, man? Whose funeral did I miss?"

We both looked at Travis, who seemed deeply agitated and pissed off. He took a step toward Landon. "I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay. We can talk outside." Landon winked and grinned at me before he led Travis to the front door.

Feeling alone, I glanced around the room, searching for Jordan.

I couldn't find him as I noticed Lyla and Charlie making out on the couch. Jordan probably left the room when he saw that. Questioning where he went, I found the bathroom line and skimmed it, but he wasn't there. If he was pissed, he probably went out back to smoke again.

Several jocks scowled at me as I walked through the crowd and went out back. I was right. Jordan was sitting in his chair smoking his joint while others stood in groups around the pool, talking loudly. Like me, the girls dressed in miniskirts were shivering and freezing their asses off.

I folded my arms, missing Landon's leather jacket. Jordan glanced at me as I moved in his direction.

Jordan sent me a tight grin. "I had to come out here. I had to get out of that room. I can't believe she did that shit right in front of me. I've never done anything like that to her."