Micro Bots

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"The showcase!" I remember with a nod, Tadashi grinning and stapling the flyer over a gaming poster.

"What?" Hiro questions, sitting back in his spinning chair with his chin in his palm.

"Every year, the school has a student showcase. You come up with something that blows Callaghan away, you're in," Tadashi explains, nodding. "But it's gotta be great."

He walks away, Hiro watching him for a moment before turning back to me and the poster.

"Think you can do that, Hamada?" I tease with a smile, crossing my arms as he snickers.

"Trust me. I can do anything," he smirks, raising a brow before scooting to the table besides me.

Hiro cracks his knuckles, swiftly opening a drawer and taking out a notebook before grabbing a pencil from his cup. He sharpens it, staring intensely at the tip of it as I quietly laugh under my breath.

"Get on with it," I encourage, ruffling his hair as I walk past him to the bed.

Hiro makes a few sounds of protest, scoffing and shaking his head at me before turning to his notebook. He lowers his pencil, pausing.

...

"Nothing!"

I wince as he slams his head on the desk, dozens of crumpled papers littering the area around him.

"No ideas!" he slams his head, "useless," slams once again as I wince, "empty. Brain!"

"Hiro! I'm sure you'll think of something," I stammer out, glancing over at him from my spot on his bed.

"(Y/N), I can't! I-I just," he groans loudly in frustration, slamming his face on the table again.

"Wow," Tadashi draws out the word, not looking up from his book as he lounges on his bed. "Washed up at fourteen. So sad..."

"Yeah..." I can't help but agree in a light teasing tone, picking up Mega Bot and messing with him.

"I got nothing! I'm done!" Hiro hysterically yells, leaning back in his chair. "I'm never getting in with you, (Y/N)!"

"Hey," Tadashi stands, walking over to him and smacking his chair. He sets his hands on the arms of the chair, "we're not giving up on you."

"Exactly. I'd be a pretty bad best friend if I did," I nod, grinning at Hiro as he slowly smiles my way.

He lets out a startled yelp as Tadashi suddenly pulls him up, me holding a hand over my mouth as I laugh. Tadashi bounces Hiro around, holding his legs over his shoulders so Hiro dangled upside down behind him.

"What are you doing?!" Hiro groans, swaying.

"Shake things up!" Tadashi shakes him more for emphasis as he yells. "Use that big brain of yours to think your way out."

"I can't!" Hiro whines, trying to reach for Tadashi's shoulders to lift himself.

"Look for a new angle."

Tadashi sways him around more as I sigh, holding Mega Bot in my hand as I look up at them.

"Come on, Hiro!" I try one last time, heavily sighing. "Don't you wanna get into school with me?"

Hiro seems to give up, deflating with a small sigh as he looks back at me.

"Course I do! I just..." Hiro trails off, glancing between my eyes and our bot.

His eyes narrow, making me tilt my head as he looks between me and the bot once more with a smirk, lifting himself up slightly.

"... What?"