2

TWO - THE PINK DREAD

~

~AEMMA WAS walking with her father and brothers until a voice interrupted. "The princess will come with me." All four of them turned to see Ser Cristion Cole standing with his hands behind his back as the queen's guard he acted very serious, it scared most kids because he never really smiled, but Aemma saw behind that and focused on what he had been through. Rhaenyra had told Aemma about her and Cristion when they were young, Aemma knew not to tell anyone due to her not being pure when her marriage started, so she didn't want to tell anyone.

"Where will you take my child?" Laenor asked as Aemma had gripped the bottom of her dress, she shot a confusing at Ser Cristion who still stood in his same position.

"The queen would like to spend time with the young princess." Ser Cristion said with a head tilt as he mentioned the queen.

"Bring me." Aemma said, her father had stood confused at her daughter, but gave the queens guard a smile as Aemma had walked towards him. "Bye dear brothers, father."

The two had walked away, Laenor and his children had walked away too the dragon pit while Ser Cristion and Aemma were still walking. "So, tell me ser Cristion how have your days been?" Aemma asked, even though Ser Cristion was mean to her brothers she still checked up on him because when you are lost sometimes people bring you back.

"Long and stressful." Ser Cristion said as he still kept his hands behind his back with a straight face. "The cries of your mother's childbirth was distracting me from my work."

"I'm very sorry Ser Cristion, but I have heard that your name day is very soon." Aemma said Ser Cristion had given a little smile, no one has remembered his birthday so when she said that it made him feel better. 

"Yes, it is Aemma, you are the first person that has said such things." Ser Cristion said and Aemma smiled at herself. "I don't understand you sometimes Aemma, I treat your brothers like nothing, but you still care about me."

"It is easy to be forgotten, and they forget people care about them, so I like to make them feel like I care about them." Aemma said as she opened the chamber door to the queen's chamber with a smile on her face. "Good morrow your grace." Aemma said with a bow to the queen.

"Please Aemma when it is just us call me Alicent." Alicent said as Helaena just continued to play with the bug that was crawling on her hand. Aemma had sat on the steps with the queen and her daughter, she sat more closely to Helaena then she did the queen. "How is your mother after her birth?"

"Her birth was long, but now she is doing a little better after resting." Aemma said Alicent had smiled at the news. Though Rhaenyra still was mad at her for what she had done Alicent still cared for the princess. "After I left her alone when you requested her, me and Aegon went into the garden and talked."

"Do you like talking to my eldest boy?" Alicent asked Aemma had blushed and nodded, she had so much as liked to look at him, so it was even better that he was nice to her. 

"He was talked about how much people want to marry me, but I wish to marry none of them." Aemma said, Alicent smiled at her. Aegon had always talked about Aemma at the dinner, always asking what how she was or when she was feeling sick, he sent maids to get her tea and soup.

Alicent was about to ask her another question, but Helaena had looked at the bug more closely to make a conversation. "This one has 60 rings... and two pairs of legs on each. That's 240."

"Yes, it is." Aemma said, she had not really looked at it from the start the conversation with Alicent kept her busy. The bug had been going around her fingers trying to get away, but Helaena kept it in her hands.

'It has eyes," Helaena had paused as she thought for a moment, Helaena had tried giving the bug to Aemma but she simply passed the offer with a head shake no. "Thought I don't believe it can see."

"And why is that so, do you think?" Alicent asked as she brushed her eyebrow slightly.

"It is beyond our understanding." Helaena said, Alicent had moved over so slightly so she could touch Aemma's arm, Aemma had rested her hand on the queen's hand. Aemma felt safe with both of them there with her.

"I suppose it is, some things just are." Alicent said, Aemma had smiled back at the queen who returned it as well. Alicent had loved it also, but she also loved it more when it was just her and Aemma.

"Your Grace." A guard said, when both Aemma and Alicent turned around Aemond stood their dirt on his face and hands.

"Aemond. What have you done?" Aemma asked as she walked over with his mother. Helaena had still sat on the steps; she was still admiring the bug.

"After how many times you've been warned, must I have you confined to your chambers?" Alicent said as she stood by Aemma's side.

"They made me do it!" Aemond yelled Aemma knew it was her brothers. Jacaerys and Luke loved to tease their uncle on how he didn't have a dragon, she tried to get them to stop, but it seems like the hadn't.

"As if you needed encouragement. Your obsession with those beasts goes beyond understanding." Alicent said, Aemma had rested her hand on hers trying to calm the queen.

"My brothers have made him, they tease him all the time, it is my fault I should have tried harder to make them stop." Aemma confessed Alicent shook her head knowing it was not her fault for her brothers' antics.

"They gave me a pig!" Aemond screamed back at the queen, Alicent stood still for a moment confused.

"A what?" Alicent asked.

"They said they found a dragon for me." Aemond said he had put his head down in shame. "But it was a pig."

"You will have a dragon one day." Alicent said as she felt sympathy for her son. She knew that there was going to be problems when his egg didn't hatch, she tried to find dragons Aemond could claim, but there was no use.

"He'll have to close an eye." Aemma had heard Helaena say, it felt like the truth spitting out of her tounge.

"I know it." Alicent said, Aemma turned back to the conversation with Aemond and his mother.

"They all laughed." Aemond said upset, Alicent took her son in a hug. The two held each other while Aemma just stood there with anger rising in her blood. Her brothers swore that they would stop making fun of Aemond.